The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Hello (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

asimus
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of asimus
Hi. I'm new to this site so please be kind! I have an interest in magic, but I tend to be more interested in reading. I have seen magicians apear to read people's minds with incredable accuracy. I have done a lot of reading on the subject, but wondered if anyone on here could recomend books, websites, or had information that perhaps I could use. Thank you.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I just read a book called Maximum Entertainment by Ken Weber. He was a full time mentalist at one time and has some very interesting thoughts on the mix of magic and mentalism. I have his email address somewhere and I'll get it to you. You may want to ask Mr. Weber as to his thoughts on this issue. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
Theo Annemann's Practical Mental Magic is what you are looking for.
Andre
SOHartist
View Profile
Loyal user
Ft. Myers, Florida
211 Posts

Profile of SOHartist
Well your in luck! One of the world's top mentalists, Derren Brown, is to be the Café's SPECIAL GUEST from the 14th-16th. I highly suggest you check out these two links:

http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv......dex.html

Hope I helped!
Mike

P.S. Be sure to go to the video section on the second link......very cool stuff. enjoy!
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Definitely Check out Derren Brown and also perhaps some of Luke Jermays Stuff http://www.alakazam.co.uk I think it is,
I also recommend that you try and get your hands on the Jinx by theo annemann its full of all types of magic including mentalism which you mentioned
Houdin magic have an interactive version which you could check out

Tom
asimus
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of asimus
Thank you very much. I am actually an admirer of Derren Brown's work. I will be first in line for the webchat. However this site does not say what times he will be here. I am assuming he will not be here all day. Does anyone know the times? I will look into those books. Another book has been recomended to me. It is called Frogs into Princes and is mostly about NLP. Has anyone read this book?
Blackwood
View Profile
Special user
Mind-Play
528 Posts

Profile of Blackwood
Asimus,

It's not a live web chat. You'll be able to leave questions/messages for Mr. Brown and he'll respond to them for all to read.
Check the Guest of Honor section at the top of the main index and you'll see how it works.

And welcome to the Café!
asimus
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of asimus
Ah Ha! I was wondering how it was going to work. Sorry if I sounded completly stupid! Thank you.
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
You might want to look into the work of Richard Osterlind.
asimus
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of asimus
I was reading that a book called Frogs to Princes was a good book if I was interested in NLP. It is £30 on amazon so I imagine it will cost more in the shops. Has anyone read it? Is it worth the money?
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Richard Osterlind and Banacheck are the guys to watch and learn from.

Goodluck,

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
magiccarpet
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magiccarpet
13 Steps to Mentalism by Corinda is a must read. It has the basics of mentalism.
Some cheaper books may be The Self working books. The Self-Working Mental Magic
book is good.
jack_is_dead
View Profile
Regular user
japan
173 Posts

Profile of jack_is_dead
I like the work of annemann in this topic..try his books..the practical mental tricks is a good one..probably too much for a begginer..alots of tricks though..u can choose wat suits u..
one eyed man is the king in the blind land
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Hello (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL