The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Kid Show Silk Magic by Duane Laflin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
I recently bought two Laflin silk magic videos: Kid Show Silk Magic and Fun and Funny Silk Magic. I've bought silks from Laflin Magic, and always thought he provided good value, but I'd never seen him perform his effects/routines until I bought these tapes.

Duane Laflin has done a very impressive job! He explains things VERY well, and his performances are very tight and clean. I mean this in a very good way.

His blocking, routining, and helper management are all superb - I've learned so much from these tapes. It's so obvious that Duane thinks things through, and has performed these routines many, many times.

The routines concerntrate more on funny routines using silks; he does things like mismade flag, splendo, genie tube, etc. These tapes really aren't for someone looking for silk routines to add to a stage manipulation act - these tapes are quite different from Jeff McBride's "Magic on Stage" set.

But family and/or kid show entertainers will learn a lot from Duane and these tapes. I give them my highest recommendation.

Ron
Amazing Kenno
View Profile
New user
Kenno
60 Posts

Profile of Amazing Kenno
While I haven't seen those particular videos, I recommend the other videos from duane and especially the new DVD series that his Laflin MAgic has produced..it will become the modern day Encyclopedia of Silk Magic (video version) when they are done. well produced DVDs on use of silk magic devices.
The Amazing Kenno
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Ron, thanks for the review. I always wondered about it and now I know to get it.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Kid Show Silk Magic by Duane Laflin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL