The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Invisible Harness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cameron Fisk
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
194 Posts

Profile of Cameron Fisk
I would like to know what you think the best invisible harness is. Right now I have Victor & Diamond's but it digs into the feathers on my dove's neck too much and I don't think it's too safe doing that. I haven't seen the Tony Clark harness but I've heard mixed reviews about them. Any advise?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Cameron, this is really a matter of taste. It sounds like the harness you have is just too small for your bird. Doves do come in varied sizes. I personally use Tony Clarks and have never had a problem with them but I have heard of others that do.
Where the magic begins
Darcy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Darcy
The only problem with Tony Clark's harnesses is that every once in a while my doves feet will get caught in them. But Tony Clark's are also extremly safe.

Darcy
Nachtzehrer
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
324 Posts

Profile of Nachtzehrer
I've used several and for me Tony Clark's the best.
Alex
Alex
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
It's all relative as to how it fits on the dove, really an invisible harness should be custom fit to each individual dove because they are so dangerous to use. One main problem a lot of magician overlook is pocket placement with invisible dove harness birds. An invisible harness pocket shouldn't be placed in the jacket the same way as a holder pocket. An invisible dove harness pocket should be placed as close to the opening of the jacket as possible, that way there is less stress put on the bird as you pull and less materials/gimmicks/etc for the bird to get caught up on. The way you pull an invisible bird is also commonly screwed up by magicians, they think the pinky thumb steal is the answer to everything with invisible harness pulls when really if not properly executed can seriously injur the bird. When you're working with invisible harnesses just be extremely careful and patient, for the poor sake of the bird at least. Use a reputable harness like Tony's or Andy Amyx's and don't buy them just because the maker or dealer says they're good. Just my two cents.

SperriS
DANSPERRY.COM
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I think the one I make is the best, I may not be the best at dove magic but my dove harness are spot on they are the best bits of all the harness and put together in to one great one. Exactly what sperris said it is best to have it a custom fit.

matt
Cameron Fisk
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
194 Posts

Profile of Cameron Fisk
Thanks for all the help guys, I have some new ideas now. Is there a proper way that you know of to pull a dove out on a harness, a certin tecknique? I'm used to the holder steal but I've never used the harness yet. Any tips?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Invisible Harness (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL