The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Hands On Fire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
238 Posts

Profile of ns
If I may I recently had the chance to see the Steve-O show live, and they did a stunt where they actually set Steve-O's hair on fire, then had another person blow a fireball over his head. He does this every show - night after night - and doesn't lose his hair. He sprayed on hair spray really thick and lit it up.

Any idea how this could be accomplished? It totally amazed me.

Also it was said that the Steve-o show video shows immature use of fire. I disagree. These guys are pros and use fire every day. They sell videos of their escapades and as such. When the fire stunts go wrong it makes good video. Plus it shows people that accidents do happen. In my eyes it is often worse to attempt a claim that everything goes right all the time---aka no danger.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
You guys are bordering on dangerous behavior. Any true fireworker shuns alcohol as too risky with little benefit. Numbing your hands with anything just lowers your control, skin will still burn at 130 degrees F whether you can feel it or not! There are ways to do what you want, but wet gloves and numbing hands is not the answer... Weigh the moment of excitement against the weeks of recovery from burns before you do these stunts. Get a teacher if you want to be a pro. If you just want to impress somebody for a moment do a card trick, otherwise a burn is guaranteed. Trust me some on this, I started eating fire professionally before the middle of the last century...
Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Hands On Fire (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL