The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2004 entrée: Rafael Benatar » » Rafael Benatar - a little background. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
RAFAEL BENATAR is a professional performer and lecturer who was born in Caracas and now lives in Spain, where he is one of the most active members of the renowned Escuela Mágica de Madrid.

Rafael performs at corporate events, banquets, trade shows, theaters and other venues and is one of the few who performs at all three rooms of The Magic Castle. He has also lectured extensively, in five languages, for magicians of many countries.

Rafael Benatar is one of Spain´s foremost magic writers in recent years. His works include a book on magic with unprepared cards, as well as several booklets and a number of articles on the theory of magic. He has also prepared the Spanish editions of many classics of magic such as the Corinda and Kaplan books and is a contributor to several major magazines. He also translated Juan Tamariz's best-selling Mnemonica into English and is finishing Vol. 1 of the Ascanio trilogy, on theory.

Rafael Benatar is a recipient of The Linking Ring Parade of the Year award from the IBM. His three video tapes which were released by A-1 Multimedia received rave reviews. Smile

A FEW COMMENTS FROM OTHERS...

--------------oOo----------------

"His magic is what magic should be: totally entertaining and wonderfully baffling"
Gene Anderson

"A careful blend of theory and practice is perfectly displayed in the construction and presentation of his effects. "Hot Transposition" and "Devilishly Invisible" are delights to watch. The subtleties, the delicate touch, and the underlying construction are major advancements. I wish Eddie Marlo was here to see his handling of Devilish Miracle"
Simon Aronson

"Rafael is, without any doubt, a master of that weapon, so difficult to handle, but so greatly efficient, which is timing" Ascanio

"I was not prepared for the sheer artistry displayed by Rafael Benatar at a recent lecture. To say I was delighted is putting it mildly. His work contains an element that is missing in so many contemporary performances - an emotional appeal. Here is a magician who truly applies the theory of magic in his own brand of mystification. You are due for a rewarding experience: I am certain there are a number of his effects (and sleights) you will want to use in your own work. I´ve used “Devilishly Invisible before a discerning group of laymen and the response was all I could hope for"
Jack Birnman

"His thinking is superb and his card handling is exquisite"
Michael Close - MAGIC magazine

"I witnessed strong commercial magic combined with superb (at times unbelievably skilful) technique all brought off with charm and grace"
Steve Draun

"Rafael is not only an excellent performer and entertainer but, even more important, has a thorough understanding of his craft"
Martin A. Nash

"A first-rate cardman"
Darwin Ortiz

"One of the notable practitioners of refined cardmanship"
Jon Racherbaumer

"Rafael Benatar's card magic is unbelievable! He is certainly among the top echelon of cardmen"
Harvey Rosenthal

Rafael has a real flair for presentation and his sleights are smooth as silk. He is well read in card magic, has a fine appearance and a charming personality[/i]"
Michael Skinner

"His handling of double cards is a real breakthrough. The construction of "Hot Transposition" is really hot"
David Solomon

"A wonderful performer. I can remember him going right past me three times even after I steeled myself not to let that happen... but happen it did"
Bob Stencel

"Great hands, great intelligence, great feeling"
Juan Tamariz

"Personable, intelligent and creative. I most certainly recommend seeing his lectures and reading his published material"
Herb Zarrow
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2004 entrée: Rafael Benatar » » Rafael Benatar - a little background. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL