The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dirty D'Lites (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I usually wear black dress pants when I perform. It seems that the black dye from my pants pockets gets onto my D'Lites and I can't get it off. I have a friend that carries his D'Lites in vest pockets and he says he has the same problem. I have carried different T.Tips (Hard & Soft) and have never had a problem with them, only with the D'Lites. I assume it is just the nature of the rubber-like material of the D'Lites. I have tried to keep pocket-time to a minimum but it doesn't take long to turn them black.

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, have you found a way to clean them or any other solution?

Thanks for your help.

Regan
Mister Mystery
dstygall
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of dstygall
Quote:
On 2004-10-15 14:28, Mister Mystery wrote:
I usually wear black dress pants when I perform. It seems that the black dye from my pants pockets gets onto my D'Lites and I can't get it off.
Does anyone else have this problem? If so, have you found a way to clean them or any other solution?

Yes Regan, I had the same problem. Seems the D-lites are made from an inferior material that pick up all kinds of stain, including ink from a ballpoint pen that simply will not come clean. The only solution I found was to swap the tips with real Vernets.

Regards,
Dave
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Dave,

That sounds like a good idea. The newer D'Lites are made differently. Have you tried switching to the new ones?

Regan
Mister Mystery
varg
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of varg
The new ones are really great, not only because their double strength in light but also because they do not get dirty as fast as the old ones.

softly rubber
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Varg. I have seen the new ones but I haven't carried one around in my pocket yet. I hope you are correct.

Regan
Mister Mystery
yanyak5
View Profile
Regular user
Delaware
186 Posts

Profile of yanyak5
I've had the same problem. I used a small purple silk, stained it, and can't get it out...
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
It seems there would have to be some kind of cleaning solution that would remove the stains. I have yet to find it though.

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dirty D'Lites (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL