The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ring-a-Majig by Mike Giusti (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tophie
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Tophie
Does anyone have this and willing to post a review?

I found it on Hocus-Pocus website...

Could it be used with Just in Case?

Hard to work the key in though
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I don't have one, never saw it until now. Looks great. I have used a "Ring Grinder" for years. YES, I would say you could use it with Just IN Case (or any effect where you find the borrowed ring elsewhere.

BTW... had a session with John Carney today and he came up with TWO, count 'em TWO totally different presentation ideas for Just IN Case.

The moral?

Think out of the box, er case... think of other ways to use this (or any) prop you have.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I would prefer the ring polisher. It looks hilarious.
Yours,

Ivan
Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
Sorry for the delay in reply; I've been away performing.

A short history: Over the years, I had used countless styles of ring boxes/gimmicks on the magic market. Some were good and some not. So I took the best of all the designs that I liked and put them into one unit. I also wanted to be able to steal away the ring unbeknownst to the audience. Ring-A-Majig is the result. Not only does it do everything I wanted it to do, it looks about as far away from a magic prop as possible!

You can use the prop to steal away the ring, all the while having some fun with your audience in the act of "cleaning" it. It has a grinding noise that sounds great, it sports a small flash pot for that flash of fire (something dire going wrong), and it has the capability to allow the performer to steal the ring away under the noses of the audience.

You can use it with ANY borrowed ring routine, including Just In Case, Nest of Boxes, Gumball Machine, etc., whether you perform close-up or stage.

I also own the Ring Polisher and use it in conjunction with Ring-a-Majig, believe it or not. The comedy possibilities are really endless.

BTW, after talking with Marc DeSouza, I also put out Watchamacallit, in case you wish to do the same thing with a borrowed watch.
Tophie
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Tophie
I just bought the Ring-a-majig and polisher...

I cant wait!

Will probably combine with Malloy Ring in Wallet
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Can you get the ring in a capsule for ring in gumball machine effect easily?
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2008-02-01 22:25, mrlucky wrote:
Can you get the ring in a capsule for ring in gumball machine effect easily?

Not room in this device to also house a capsule...however the flash cotton going off and the gold dust moment provides more than enough misdirection and or time to load a capsule elsewhere.

But DO let's think outside the gumball machine with this oddity.

I like the delivery method of the ring...very direct and instantaneous.

The "Thing" is very well made and can easily pass for a techno ring cleaning gadget...but it WILL equally pass as some other far stranger experimental device.

I like the way it looks...it looks real and yet somehow doomed. A space age info commercial product that will make your life easier with just the push of a few buttons and the turn of a dial.

It is covered in knobs and switches, the ignition system has its own warning sound to let you know that a flash device is about to blow...cool. It has so far worked like a charm.

Might be really tough to explain the Ring-a-Majig at airport security however...it does not look like a magic trick. This is good.

Tim Wisseman makes em so you know they are quality and will have an odd reality feel to them.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Oh and Bravo Mike!!!
Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
Thanks, Eddie. I'm very happy you like it. Here's a performance tip: use a little bit of sparkle additive for a nice burst. Talk about misdirection!

And Tim is the greatest! He really cares about his work, which is very refreshing in this day and age. He is also looking to remake two versions of the Watchamacallit, which has been out of production for over a year, unfortunately...
magicodine
View Profile
Loyal user
italy
202 Posts

Profile of magicodine
It is indeed cool! How much flash cotton should I use? I have only ever used flash strings and paper in the past so I don't know much about cotton.
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
289 Posts

Profile of cocomax
Use a little, start with a piece the size of a quarter. If that is not enought of a flash use more next time.

Tim Wisseman
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I purchased one used from a Café member without instructions. There are two larger buttons on the side. One black and one red. The red button makes an motor sound. The black button does nothing? Is this correct? The tiny black button on the top is what heats up the connectors and ignites the flash cotton? Just trying to make sure that this is functioning properly. Can someone provide me with instructions or directions in a private message? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ring-a-Majig by Mike Giusti (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL