The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Thanks, Café! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
Guess what. I just booked a show today for a corporate client dinner.

When I asked the client how she found me, she said she Googled some keywords, somehow found herself in The Magic Café, clicked on my Avatar, and found my website!

Cool, huh?
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I've gotten two gigs that way!

If you want even more then add your website to your signature. That means the Café has hundreds of links to your site.

Some people will search, find the Café and click on the web link but MORE importantly, the more links from major sites to your site, the higher you rank.
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
Nice!
bubbleburst2004
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of bubbleburst2004
Your next assignment Salazar
is to make it a Hotlink
so people can click it
rather than just read it

Very good, go to the top of the class

BB
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Stupid question but...how do you make a clickable yellow link?
bubbleburst2004
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

The glib answer is RTFM.

Slightly more helpfull, it's fairly well explained in the FAQ.

Nicholas, I've always enjoyed reading your posts here on the Café, so don't think I'm having a go at you, but ...

it always amazes me when I read postings in this particular forum and others, from self proclaimed web marketing / web design / graphic / magic marketing experts, sales gurus etc , who don't employ the simple strategy of hyperlinking their signatures.

It's incongruent with what they claim to be.
(Credibility alert). It's like a time management expert turning up late for a meeting.

(And before anyone jumps in and says where are my hyperlinks?, I don't have anything to sell to members of this forum, my clients happily would not be searching for me here and I would probably die a happy man if no magicians ever visited my own site in the future.

BB Smile
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I don't mind BB. I've never called myself a "web marketing / web design / graphic / magic marketing experts, sales gurus!" and since I mentioned the idea myself I wouldn't take offense at all.

As for my question about linking, I did RTFM but I couldn't find it. I also tried RTFS and STFW (and I'm not smart enough to RTFB)! Thanks for letting me know about FFAQ. I wouldn't have thought Café staff would have gone to the trouble to print it there.

Cheers!

BTW. There is way to much use of the letter F in this Café. Smile
bubbleburst2004
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Well done Nick, you get an elephant stamp too.
(or do you guys get kangaroo stamps?)

Your point in your first post about the number of external links to your own website raising your ranking in the search engines is a very good incentive for anyone to do it.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
P.S. BTW IRL I RTFM!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Thanks, Café! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL