The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Cowboy Clown & Comedy Western Entertainers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Southwest Sam
View Profile
New user
Indiana
59 Posts

Profile of Southwest Sam
I Clowned professionally for nearly 10yrs 'til the birth of my 2nd daughter. For the last year and a half, I've performed my Singing Cowboy act, Roy Rogers style. Performing more and more for children, I found the Clown in me kept coming out and recently added a Comedy Cowboy portion to my show.

In my attempts to find resources online, I found lots of Cowboy Clowns and Childrens Entertainers with Western themed acts.

And so, I created the RED NOSE RANCH Yahoo Discussion Group for Cowboy Clowns and Comedy Western Entertainers (Magicians, Clowns, Puppeteers, Musicians, etc) to share performing tips and ideas.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rednoseranch

I also created a corresponding website to list members, where they're from and links to their websites. Check it out,,,
http://www.geocities.com/rednoseranch

If any of you have a Western type show and would like to become a member (Free) and/or exchange Links, Please contact me. If you know of anybody with a show of such, I'd appreciate you helping spread the word.
Thanks.
Now performing as...
-Suitcase Sam
& his Ukulele
Music ~ Comedy ~ Magic
www.facebook.com/SuitcaseSam
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Howdy Sam...mighty glad you showed up...ifn ya don't mind, I'd rather PM ya or use that email thing...been a spell since I had any truck with that Yahoo bunch...and would like to keep it thataway...dang yahoos anyway...

Big fan of comedy western characters and have been involved as 'The Announcer' (in my best BIG Montana delivery) on some acts...narrating gunfighter shows and my favorite routines the back and forth between the announcer and the 'clown' act in the arena.

"You say your gonna catch a Polar bear?"

"That's right...I'm gonna catch me a Polar bear!"

"How are you going to do that?"

"Well I have me here a can of Peas."

"You have a can of peas"

"Yep...a can of peas...and I'm gonna cut a hole in the ice..."

"You have a can of peas and your going to cut a hole in the ice..."

"Yep...then I'm gonna spread those Peas all around the hole in the ice..."

"Your going to spread the peas all around the hole in the ice..."

"Yep...and when the bear comes to take a pea...I'm gonna kick him in the Ice Hole!"

"GET OUTAHERE!"

(Clown runs off...)

(For those who may be shocked...that was a very popular bit done regularly at Rodeos in the 1950's. Folks were less uptight than they are now it would seem. And that was one of the milder ones.)

Here's another, by the way the 'clown' is always yelling to the crowd...has NO microphone...

"Hey announcer man..."

"What do you want now!"

"I just saw my girlfriend in the stands over there..."

"You just saw your girl friend in the stands? You have a girl friend?"

"Sure I do...she's right up there! You see that sweater she has on...I got her that! (struts proudly)

"That's a nice sweater"

"Sure it is! And you see that Hat shes wearin...I got her that too!"

"You got her that Hat...nice hat..."

"Sure it is! And you see that necklace around her neck? I got her that too!"

"She must be very grateful..."

"Sure she is...and do you see that BABY in her arms? I didn't have a *** thing to do with it!"

"GET OUTA HERE!"

(clown runs off)

Many routines were slightly risque but harmless. (In case the Café software censored the above, it's the other word for 'darn'. Times have changed.

Anyway Sam...good to have here!!!

If you need a western 'announcer' just hollar! We can do it on CD! Smile

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Southwest Sam
View Profile
New user
Indiana
59 Posts

Profile of Southwest Sam
Thanks, Those are two hilarious MC bits especially the Polar Bear. :O)

I appreciate the reply.
Now performing as...
-Suitcase Sam
& his Ukulele
Music ~ Comedy ~ Magic
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Yep...Nothin' beats them oldies but goodies...

Here's another one...the 'clown or comedy performer is standing by an old car scratching his head...

"Say Frostbite (that was my old clown name) get that piece of junk out of the arena!"

"Sorry boss...no can do"

"No can do? Why Not?"

"Well...the Motor don't Mote!"

"The Motor don't mote..."

"Nope...The motor don't mote and the Carburator don't carb..."

"The motor don't mote and the caburator don't carb..."

"That's right announcer man...the motor don't mote and the carburator don't carb and the Piston don't..."

"NOW WAIT A MINUTE!"

"I was just going to say the motor don't mote and the carburator don't carb and the piston don't...it don't work either."

"Get outa here!"

That was also a regular in the old auto thrill shows like Joey Chitwoods Hell Drivers etc.

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Southwest Sam
View Profile
New user
Indiana
59 Posts

Profile of Southwest Sam
Doug,

Thanks for the laughs, you definitely have a good laugh with these. The Polar Bear one is still my favorite. :O)

-SWS
Now performing as...
-Suitcase Sam
& his Ukulele
Music ~ Comedy ~ Magic
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I have a colleague who keeps coming up with bizarre acts for corporate jobs. I, Personally, have been trying to focus my efforts on a few forms of entertainment but my friend keeps forcing new characters upon me and... I kinda love it.
Anyhow, one week he phoned me and asked me if I could be a "Drunken Cowboy". I obliged and have been doing the odd stint ever since (without the drunken part for the family events). It goes down really well. I named myself:
Mild Bill Hiccup

When I'm working in tandem with my friend he plays theguitar and I join in with the mandolin and we sing country and western, badly. When I'm doing the character on my own I use rocky Raccoon as "some critter I caught me faw me suppa", He then starts moving and I exclaim that my suppa is alive and hand random people a gun to shoot my food , more fun then.

George
Southwest Sam
View Profile
New user
Indiana
59 Posts

Profile of Southwest Sam
Howdy Magic George, similar to the Break-Away Wand, Daytona Magic has a Beak Apart Gun listed on their website that would go great with y'er Rocky Raccoon routine.

Upon yelling "SHOOT IT!" the gun falls apart in the spectators hands to a round of laughs.

-SWS
Now performing as...
-Suitcase Sam
& his Ukulele
Music ~ Comedy ~ Magic
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Cheers Sam, I'll look into that.

I also have instructions in how to make an all in one comedy gun. It's a design by Eric Sharp, the gun sprays water, shoots sausages, unrolls a bang banner and shoots fireballs in the air!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Cowboy Clown & Comedy Western Entertainers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL