The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Alexander - The Man Who Knows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
Just to let everyone know that my new book (based on 40 years of research by the late John Pomeroy) about Alexander will be available in November from Mike Caveney's Magic Words: http://www.mcmagicwords.com
218 pages with hundreds of photos (12 pages in full color) with the amazing true story of this magic legend.
End of plug.
Thanks -
David Charvet
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
David, the book looks very interesting, congratulations on bringing it to fruition. It's always nice to see something based on original research, rather than warmed-over bits and pieces of previously published material.

Thanks for locating and preserving another piece of magical history. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
David
I'm a huge fan of Alexander's. I remember my first bit of memorabilia was an autographed picture of his dated 1919 at the Braudus Theatre. Thanks for writing this book, I'll definately buy one!

Posted: Nov 7, 2004 9:11am
I just received David's Alexander book and absolutely loved it! As all of Mike Caveney's books it is very nicely produced. There are many rare photographs and even a section in color. The life of Alexander is not a boring one so you'll find this a book that you can't put down. Thanks again David!
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
I read the excerpt in MAGIC.
I've been intrigued by him since
I did the wall mural in my room
last summer.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
David,

I just received my copy of your book this week and I've placed on my bed stand and anxious to start into it before the Thanksgiving holiday. I have the Clayton book and I will consider that more of a photo album compared to the scholarly text I expect from you. From what I've thumbed through, it looks like Mike Caveney has another best seller on his hands.

yours,
Scott Wells

Posted: Nov 24, 2004 9:59pm
Forgive my mistake, I meant to refer to the 1994 Beckman book, "The Life and Times of Alexander, the Man Who Knows," as the "photo album" and not the one by Clayton. I don't know what I was thinking at the time but clearly my fingers got ahead of my brain.

yours,
Scott
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Alexander - The Man Who Knows (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL