The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Guinness Today! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
My record setting will be this afternoon. I will update later in the day, on the specifics of the record.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Congratulations in Advance KSD.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Persuant to Guinness approval, the record time has been set for the fastest escape from double locked prisoner transport chains S&W model 1850s at 1 minute 58.51 seconds.(including the time needed to apply the chains and double lock each cuff, time starting with the first bow on the first cuff).

Keep in mind, I never had a set of 1850s to practice with and in fact have never even handled a set before, so keeping these will be my first set. None of the four assistants had ever touched or seen handcuffs or legirons and they were selected and instructed on the spot, at random.

Metal detector search at the start.
Stepstool and screen submitted to search as well.

The chains were opened on tape under the scrutiny of the press, by the timekeeper they were shipped to. They were double locked on each attempt. I was not allowed to touch the chains until they were put on the very first time.

Everything went as per above, with the exception of a second, closing metal detector search of both myself, stool and screen that was requested by the timekeeper, Both, without notice and on the spot. Again nothing was found.

The escape was filmed live as it happened, by two different cameras.

Sorry it took so long, but we got trick or treaters before I had a chance to post.

Mike
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
KSD it's ok it took so long it was worth the wait and congratulations. How much Candy did you get? J/K
Steve Baker - Mr.Escape
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Steve Baker - Mr.Escape
Mike,

Congratulations on a job well done and well
documented!
Keep up the good work, we need new blood in
our ranks!

May You Always Escape,

Steve Baker,MR.ESCAPE
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
KSD they put you in a Transport Restraint. Don,
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Don,

It was these. http://store1.yimg.com/I/discounthandcuffs_1810_3583667

I did get lots of candy though, and a very nice dinner with some great friends.

Well worth doing, just for that.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi KSD

Well done mate Smile

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Congratulations. Nice escape Smile

Riley
MaGiShN46
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of MaGiShN46
SSWEET
!!!!!!

GOOD JOB
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
KSD keep it up.
Paul Reardon
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, Georgia
52 Posts

Profile of Paul Reardon
Smile Today!

Mike, very happy to hear the escape went well. Cheers, Paul
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Congratulations Mike! excellent job! Tony Parisi
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Thanks much everybody, your well wishes are much appreciated.

A couple of people wrote and inquired as to the length of time that was recorded and what they thought it should have been and that's ok, I don't take any offence at all, so no I'm not offended and its ok to discuss things outside of a public forum like that. Here are answers to the questions asked so far:

1. I did not use any device, that I create or sell, nor items anyone else creates or sells. Its not on the shelf at the EARL or Cannons or any supply house.

2.Yes all four irons were double locked each time and the serial numbers of the irons recorded before and after each attempt.

3. Both cameras were running the entire time with date and time stamps running on both. The time is the actual time it took and I did not delay it in anyway.

Thanks again everyone,

Mike

PS. Paul, I think you may be right. I'll take my Guinness in pints for a while.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Serial numbers were recorded what did they think you were going to do. do a switch.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Yes, there was the assumption that once behind the screen, there would somehow be a way to ring in gimmicked chains so the numbers were recorded before and after every single attempt. as they were put on and immediatly off the floor. (like I had a spare set under my t-shirt or in my socks or something) It was set up so it was airtight. There would have been much more leeway actualy being booked into jail or prison than what those rules were. The surprise exit search was an attempt to discover how, mostly due to extreme curiosity on the part of the timekeeper and newspaper editor. I watched the film and even watching myself and knowing the other side of the screen, it just plain looks impossible or almost paranormal in nature.
The newspaper story won't be out till the 15th.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Shh KSD you werent supposed to reveal that. like someone would produce a extra set of handcuffs while still in them. what newspaper will it be in and why so long
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
The paper is a local one and the editor didn't believe they story so the reporter and camera person got bumped and the editor came personaly. The editor is writing the story, so that is the delay.

This was one of those hard lessons to learn, but when contacting the press, go big first and then smaller. I started smaller because I knew I needed press coverage to validate the claim and I thought that I should go there first then big papers second. No matter how large the paper they want an exclusive on the story. I needed a commitment from them for validation so I agreed early on, without knowing the ramifications. Should have asked people with experience first on this one.

I suppose I could have gotten news articles before, but it just never interested me.

If I was living entirely on income from escapes, I would get press reports every single time, if possible.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Quote:
On 2004-11-02 22:05, KingStardog wrote:
The surprise exit search was an attempt to discover how, mostly due to extreme curiosity on the part of the timekeeper and newspaper editor. I watched the film and even watching myself and knowing the other side of the screen, it just plain looks impossible or almost paranormal in nature.

Well done, Mike, especially passing this last bit

:applause:

Riley
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Guinness Today! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL