The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Harvest Party results (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
Thought you might like to know how it turned out. I'd been under a false impression and so labored on a really cool Devil and Daniel Webster-like story for the "stage" thing, involving a Miser's Dream-like sequence, only to find out that I couldn't do it. All there was was a close up table situation. No "here's something for *everyone*, at the same time" opportunity.

Despite that, I did well. Yeah, I made a few mistakes, but I was expecting to. I had people at the table the whole time, though, being entertained and generally enjoying themselves. I was kept busy enough that I couldn't reset a couple tricks (Notepad Surprise, for one) after the first time I did them.

Also, I didn't have a definite end to it, thanks to it all being mostly improvised as I went. That meant I had kids hanging around after I'd gone through everything. Which, in turn, meant that I had to pretty much say, "That's all. Go get some candy at the other booths."

So. Good time, entertained the kids, but definitely room for improvement. One area that needs improvement is getting a camera person to record at least one full performance, rather than only 2 minutes. Oh well.

How did your Halloween gigs go?
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Congratulations friend! That type of performance is a lot of work! Even though the audience is willing and interested, it is tough to keep it fresh as you do have the possibility of going through the cycle of effects a couple of times.

As a result of doing a lot of street magic, for that type of event, I only bring the instant reset type of effect, but I know how hard it must have been for you to move ahead and try to be prepared when you really don't know what will trun out to be the situation.

Don't feel a bit bad about the "mistakes". I used to count mine and then beat myself up over them later, until I finally realized that nobody but me, really knew they were "mistakes". And I also remember an old say, the only person who never makes mistakes, is the person who never does anything! ANd you are way ahead of those kind of folks.

As for the video, by all means, tape everything you can, even your practice sessions. You wont believe what you can see, and how much better it will make you. I have hours and hours of tape, and I am not as good as I want to be, but I am a lot better than I was, as a result of reviewing the tapes.

later this month, (November) I will be posting some short video segments for a couple of my routines, done at a couple of recent events. And you all can see that I make mistakes. But you will see too, that the audience has a great time. And that is what it is all about.

Once again, CONGRATULATIONS! You took on a tough task, made all the more difficult by the uncertainty! Well DOne!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Macbeth
View Profile
Regular user
London
129 Posts

Profile of Macbeth
Well Done and I hope that you get lots more opportunities.
thegospelmagicman
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of thegospelmagicman
Congratulations on a job well done!

Isn't it interesting how adaptable we can be when put under pressure. Even though you were not able to do all that you had planned, God did certainly use other things that were not our first choice - things we might have overlooked and bring Glory ot Himself!

I am praying that the Lord will continue open other doors of ministry and opportunity for you.

Blessings!
John
The Gospel Magic Man
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Harvest Party results (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL