The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The End - any reviews? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Hey guys!

I saw the product 'The End' by James Ford on Hocus Pocus http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/pro......tem=5240

I KNOW there are other similar effects out there, but are they superior to this? For $18.00, it does raise a few questions.

Anyone have this and care to give a review?

Or can anyone recommend a better effect?

Thanks fellas,

Take care,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
580 Posts

Profile of Nick23
Just a quick word of warning... I've heard some horror stories (along with ring flights that damage a ring) of "m******" that have been know to damage a watch to the point that it wont start moving again.
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Hey Nick,

So have I! Which is why I wanna know more about this effect and whether it is different somehow.
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
saheer
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of saheer
The reports are true. It's possible to even screw up a quartz watch. I'm curious b/c I can't see someone marketing the aforementioned gimmick solely for this purpose given the potential liability - especially since the ad copy specifically says that the watch is "completely unharmed." One would think that the ad would disavow the famous "M" gimmick if it didn't use it - though maybe it's to keep themselves clear of even suggesting the idea.
"Because, without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

1902 diary of Brother Epp, Capuchin monk from Munjor,
Kansas
markmagicman
View Profile
New user
Austria
44 Posts

Profile of markmagicman
I got THE END a few years back, lost mine a long time ago, and repurchased it now. First of all I want to correct a mistake. THE END is not by James Ford, but by a company called KOONTZ. I think that the reason you (Logan) thought it is by James Ford, is because, both JAMES FORD's Credit Cards effects and THE END are produced by a company called MAGIC STUDIO 51 (see the yellow logo on the packages). Hocus Pocus must have erased the KOONTZ logo from THE END package. On mine I do have the KOONTZ logo on the cover.

About the gimmick. It's a M gimmick but very well concealed. And the idea by the way is not new. It's not a copy or something. It is an original idea by KOONTZ, and they came out with this gimmick a few years back, and for some reason it was discontinued until recently.

About damaging the watch. In the booklet KOOTZ explains the way to avoid watch damage. I personally used several M gimmicks for many years and never got a watch damaged. You simply have to avoid stopping it for too long at a time, and if possible, don't do it twice on the same watch.

Is it worth the money? - DEFFINATELLY YES. I think that THE END is one of the better versions out there. It is completely conceal from any angle, doesn’t require preparation, and the handling is dead easy.
saheer
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of saheer
Thanks for the review, MarkMagicman. I might purchase it myself since I love the effect and the instructions/gimmick might be, uh, instructive.
"Because, without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

1902 diary of Brother Epp, Capuchin monk from Munjor,
Kansas
bofx
View Profile
Special user
France
509 Posts

Profile of bofx
Another reviews ? Smile
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I've been a watch collector for about 25 years and can tell you that a magnet can damage a watch regardless of what KOOTZ says about "avoiding" damage. He's not giving you a guarantee. It may not be immediately apparent, but a strong magnet can damage the mainspring of a mechanical watch and can fry the electronic components of a non-mechanical watch. Don't do it. If someone stopped one of my watches, he wouldn't be happy with my reaction.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Imagine performing this and the specs watch does not start again. I think I would say, "look I will walk over there 20M, and from there I will be able to start your watch again".

Everyone looks on in amazement as you calmly pace out 20m and as you approach the 20M mark you run like you have never run before in the same direction until the coast is clear.

Perhaps they could include this in the instructions as an alternative out. LOL
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Pegasus, I like that. Two effects in one...watch stopping followed by slowly vanishing magician.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The End - any reviews? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL