The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Escape Artist Videos or DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GreatWizardoftheEast
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
124 Posts

Profile of GreatWizardoftheEast
I see a lot of chatter on Mr. Baker's DVD. I read that Mr. Begilow has a DVD too and Mario Manzini. Anyone know what other DVDs are available on escapes?

Is there a Santinie DVD or Michael Griffen (is it Griffen or Griffith? sorry) Does Dean Gunnerson offer a DVD?
Harold White
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Uh there is a DVD of Dixie Dooley available I'm not sure how good it is some people have been disappointed in it.
Don Randini
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Don Randini
Dixie Dooley has some really good DVD's available. Norman Bigelow has a great one also and Manzini.

Don
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I havent seen the Dixie Dooley one ( god I hope that is a stage name but from the reviews I've read he Doesn't completely explain on how to pick a lock. if you want do a search for his dvds on the Café here.
GreatWizardoftheEast
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
124 Posts

Profile of GreatWizardoftheEast
What about James Randi? Does he have a DVD of his escapes? I recall viewing a magic special in which he hung upside down over Niagra Falls in a straght jacket.

Alan Alan from England, any footage of him? Or Tom Solomon?
Harold White
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Great wizard, Like me, some of the collectors do have videos but not DVD's. Many spots on TV are recorded by the keen collector and diseminated to others and some escape artists have been most kind in providing video footage of their work.
I am lucky to have footage Alan Alan, Irby, Steve Baker, Chris Chalen, David Deval, Dean Gunnarson, Thomas Solomon, Fred escape (great comedy)Mario Manzini, Norman Bigelow, Mark and Sheila Cannon, Living Illusions, Joe Fox (great skill and laughs)Arthur Coglan, Tim Elis. Donald Cameron, Mike Carnival,Malik, Steve Santini and I am sure there are others I have forgotten to mention. So the history isn't lost, just hard to find.

Ian McColl
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Ian,

Are you getting like me, and endorsing everybody that's made an effort for the art? Tiring of the lack of brotherhood............I commend your openness and free thinking. Everybody is getting older and wiser I think.

Well done.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Kingstardog, I don't know what I have done to provolk this niceness but thank you. All I was saying it that escape artists have got footage of their work ( good or bad) and it's out there.

I have always been free thinking! I never fall for thought style just because it give a nice glowing feeling.
PM me some time.

Ian
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
To be Honest. with the videos or DVDs it is or will be personal prefrence as to which one. someone will like. so if you want buy what you want or might be interested and good luck to you.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Thanks for that tip Don, I wasn't sure how it worked on selecting which video is which. Can I use this information as a guide?

Also my list should have included, Kerry Ross, Loyal James, Tom Lyon, Crafty Cajun, Robert Gallup, Dorothy Dietrich, Houdini and Hardeen.

This is just a list and not an endoresment for any particular person nor is the list in any order.

Ian
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ian of Course you can use it as a guide. for the Videos Their like a Movie one person might like what it contains and someone else may not. You've Helped me in the Past theres no reason why I cant help you.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Dear Don, thank you for that. I will pass it on to my friends as well, "that a video can be or might be suitable to one person's taste more than anothers"

I hope I have that right, I would hate to make an error in my judgement of what I should look at or I select. Does this theory of your's work well with viewing regular TV as well?? what about books?

Ian "journeyman of the human condition" McColl

Please Don, post more of your wisdom so that we all can learn. You are the master of "stating the obvious"
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ian Will Do. it Works on Evreything it is what we Call a Persons Likes or Tastes in Things.
CARNEGIE
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of CARNEGIE
If you're counting videos as well as DVDs, I know there was once a David Deval Video through Supreme Magic.

Mark Cannon has a very informative lecture Video that Steve Baker makes an appearance on. There is a video by Harvey Newman on Rope Escapes.

Though they aren't on escapes as much as history, I like the Houdini specials that are out there. The best one I've seen is called "Houdini" and is distributed by Unapix Entertainment. Apparently it was supposed to be a tv special but never made it to tv, which is a shame because it's very good.

C
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Escape Artist Videos or DVDs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL