The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Martinka Chairs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tophie
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Tophie
I saw Peter Pitt do this routine at the Magic Castle many years ago. Does anyone know how well these chairs are made?
I saw this on Hocus-Pocus
Thanks
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Find out who the maker is and if they have a reputation for quality products, then you can be pretty sure they will be just fine.

I think Owen also makes a set.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
I can't remember the guy's name in Canada who makes these for Hocus Pocus, but they are exceptionally nice and very deceptive. Owen does make a set, but frankly, untypically, they are not nearly as well made as the Canadian set in my opinion. Plus, of course, the Candian set sells for 1/2 the price of the Owen and the Canadian set includes the square "tube," which the Owen set does not.

Even up close you can't tell the Canadian chair is gimmicked. But, keep in mind, the chair doesn't break down any smaller and neither does the square tube, other than folding flat, so it is big.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I had the martinka Chiars from Hocus-Pocus several years ago and they were nicely made. However, due to thier size I had to trade them for something else. But if you can use them and don't mind the bulk, it is an excellent, classic trick.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Dr. Zordas
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zordas
...Just incase anyone else was wondering what on earth these chairs were...

http://www.tilfordillusions.com/turvey.html

Dr. Zordas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Martinka Chairs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL