The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » A goldfish, a phone and a load of toilet paper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
I'm going to a friend's party this weekend, who on the invite pointed out that the attractions on offer included their new goldfish, a tacky white phone and loads of free toilet paper (it's a long story as to how they've acquired the toilet paper, and you don't want to hear it right now). She then later on said this to me;

Quote:
Don't worry - no expectation of magic tricks, etc, though if you can perform miracles with toilet paper, goldfish and phones, we'd probably be intrigued.

Now, that sounds like a challenge to me, and those that know me know I'm exactly the wrong person to jokingly make bizarre challenges too. So, what can I do with a goldfish, a 'phone and a load of toilet paper?

The most obvious idea is a triple card-to-impossible-location gag; have three cards selected, one will be discovered in/beneath the goldfish bowl, one inside one of the toilet rolls, and for the third I'm thinking of using the phone revelation gag from Richard Pinner's lectures. That's just one idea, though.

Any other ideas?
The goldfish has to survive this, BTW.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
How about splitting one goldfish into two goldfish? (Then a third one and EATING it!).
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Gross them out.

Show an Ickle Pickle Aquarium. Cut gold fish from carrots (before going) and have them floating in the aquarium. Remark that maybe you should have never considered using animals in magic. However, gold fish are bite sized. So even dead, they are good for something. Pick them out and eat them (the carrots). From ten steps away they look enough like dead gold fish that no one wants to see more. Take out a large silk (or a real cloth napkin) and wipe your mouth. Shake out the napkin and cover the aquarium with it. Lift the aquarium slightly and then put it back down. Then say, "But I get so tired of gold fish." Wisk away the napkin and show live gold fish swimming in the aquarium. You can leave it out because there is nothing to see but water and live gold fish.

Enjoy!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Should she really buy that product Bob? Or should she concentrate on using the items That are offered to her?
T&R toilet paper
Mouth coils
Plunger for use in Benson Bowl routine using toilet paper balls
Paper Balls Over Head using toilet paper
2 in the Hand 1 in the Pocket using toilet paper
Phone Wizard
Cut & Restoreed Phone Cord
hope this helps
JOHNN MYSTIC
Johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
jonnycardel
View Profile
New user
England (lakes)
50 Posts

Profile of jonnycardel
Use Bob's carrot fish. Inject them with stage blood before hand, wrap them in toilet paper and wack them with phone. Smile
Magician walks down the road and turned into a bar, da daaa
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have posted this elsewhere, but I must do it again.

MarcoM once told me that if you slice a goldfish a certain way and drop it into a glass of water, it looks just like a piece of carrot.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
timofy
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of timofy
Nowadays phones are becoming smaller and smaller, I've even seen some phones the size of cards. This means if you were very careful you could palm his phone to make it disappear

Using toilet paper you could do pretty much any sponge ball routine by scrunching them up.( nice routine in "on the spot").

I don't have a clue how to incorporate goldfish into a routine (I'm never good with live things, I'd probably end up killing them).
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Just found this post, though it's probably no use now how about vanishing the fish in the toilet rooll andthen reproducing it from the insideof the phone

Tom
CyberMage
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of CyberMage
I'm presuming the phone is a standard type that plugs into the wall. If that is the case, you could do a cut and restored phone cord. I'm also surprised nobody has mentioned the "Mr. Wizard" routine.
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
If you got a thumb tip type thing that can hold goldfish, you could wrap the toilet paper round your thumb and apparently produce goldfish from it.
Nick
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Just realised that this party happened several months ago. What did you do?
Nick
Magicman8
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
113 Posts

Profile of Magicman8
Cups and balls, you can use toilet paper for balls, phone parts for cups, and a goldfish for a final load

Matthias
We go through life backwards. The past is visible and the future is cloudy, it seems we are walking backwards.-- Terry Pratchet
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » A goldfish, a phone and a load of toilet paper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL