The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » KINDER CARD - developed by me! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoaoPedro
View Profile
Regular user
Lisbon - Portugal
179 Posts

Profile of JoaoPedro
Hi there! This is a routine I've developed and I'm training it to a magic contest here in Portugal (MagicValongo). I wanna know your opinion about it!Be critical Smile !

EFFECT: After doing a non-successful location of a signed card lost in the deck, the magician says he's really sorry (and appears quite sad and embarrassed - everyone MUST believe it!) and passes out to "a classic in magic - the cups and balls!". At the end of the routine he makes a "ferrero rocher" (a well known chocolate bombom), a "Mon-cherry" (another bombom) and finally "for those who can't eat candies....a lemon Smile !" Everyone thinks the routine is over...BUT there is a last production inside a cup - A KINDER EGG!!! (I don't know if you know this chocolate but it is a chocolate egg that always carries a surprise on the inside). As I produce it I say "Of course I also thought in the children".
Then I say something like "I always liked the surprise on the inside...I'm pretty curious right now....let's open it..." FINAL CLIMAX - a card appears on the inside folded into 4 and.....signed!It's the spectator card!

What do you think? I wanna listen to your opinions Smile !
There are some more details but I didn't want to be that extensive...
João Pedro
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Maybe the important part in this concept is how to handle the mistake in the card location.

If you act too real, audience will think you really failed. If you act as a joke, audience will later know what you are going to produce from the egg.

One another way is to make the first location in success. After successfully revealing the signed card, you just discard it and go for Cups & Balls, and do as you explained.

Hideo Kato
JoaoPedro
View Profile
Regular user
Lisbon - Portugal
179 Posts

Profile of JoaoPedro
I completely agree with you. I really MUST fool both the audience and the Judge! That's the only way to create a BIG Final Climax!

BTW, did I mention that the chocolate egg is covered by a "silvered papper" (I don't know how you call it...it's the paper that envolves the egg when you buy it - its inside is silver colored) and the surprise always comes inside a plastic box! That way it really becomes (apparently) impossible to make the card appear in the egg! If you're interested we can discuss the several methods to accomplish that. In fact I have found 5/6 suitable methods but I don't know yet what to choose !
João Pedro
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I know all of the chocolates mentioned above. How about passing the chocolates out once produced. Then it dawn upon you that you had a problem with the first spectator and give them the Kinder suprise as a token of thanks for understanding, but would like to ask if they can give you the toy inside as you did promise that you would keep it for your kid, brother, nephew, etc. Let them open it and find their signed card.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
HGM
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of HGM
Great idea and I like the climax hope it does well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » KINDER CARD - developed by me! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL