The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » King Rising for my 2 1/2 year-old (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
For those that know the method for Corey King's "King Rising" I have found this a really great way to do it for kids (and adults if they're conciliatory enough).

This arises from my little girl's infatutaion with Mary Poppins. She watches the DVD continually, and knows the entire score, lyrics, and key alliterative phrases by heart.

So, when I am at home, and want to really get Emma going, I'll grab an umbrella, and
"fly" like Mary Poppins. It really sells the illusion, if you ask me.

This, of course is completely usable in many situations--especially in the winter, when there is a preponderance of umbrellas. The umbrella, by the way, can serve in the same capacity as the jacket that it will naturally replace. Those who know the trick will understand.

No possible performance fee will ever truncate the look on my daughter's face.

--Ron Smile
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
That is genius. You should post that in the King Rising forum at e-llusionist.com.

Jakks
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Jakks,

I normally would do that, but I won't, for two reasons. The first is because I forgot my password, and deleted the e-mail that provided it anyway.

The second is, (and this is neither Brad nor Corey's fault) that because we all paid a $17.00 fee, that we all paid for access to the forum. Therefore, it is more of a right, than a priveledge, and it shows. I spent the majority of my time defending my writing style and vocabulary, as opposed to engaging in any real creative processes.

Apparrently, my use of the French term,
"coup de grace" is enough to make some people go roof top with a loaded report card and start pointing their SAT scores in people's faces. I am who I am, so I just got tired of the pre-paid amalgam of magicians and idiot savants.

Anyway, thank you, and I think those inclined to be appreciative are in the Café anyway.

--Ron
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I don't do King Rising, but that I always appreciate magic combined with a logical motivation.. Marry Poppins! nice thinking.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I agree! Love the umbrella idea!
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
I apprecite the comments. Please pass the idea around, as it seems to have some appeal, and I think it makes the effect digestible for kids, if that makes sense.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » King Rising for my 2 1/2 year-old (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL