The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Table? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magibrad
View Profile
New user
Canada
59 Posts

Profile of magibrad
I know that this isn't a trick per se...but does anyone have plans, or ideas on building a good stage table.

I'm looking to construct something to use with my stage show, something with shelfs maybe...thanks in advance!

-Brad
Jeff Dial
View Profile
Special user
Kent, WA
533 Posts

Profile of Jeff Dial
Check out the Table Book from Magic Inc. It is a few years old, but has a wealth of information.
"Think our brains must be too highly trained, Majikthise" HHGG
magibrad
View Profile
New user
Canada
59 Posts

Profile of magibrad
OK, thanks, I'll look up the book at the library and at a magic shop somewhere around here... like 4 hours away!

-Brad
cheaptrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Wilmington, Delaware
251 Posts

Profile of cheaptrick
I realize this post is pretty old, but, I built the simple foldaway table shown in Mark Wilson's "Cyclodedia of Magic".

I put in the black well, and a small shelf under the tabletop about 3" down x 4" wide, extending the "wings to cover this.

It's a pretty satisfactory arrangement.

I've also embedded a small magnet in the top
for a balance an egg on the wand thingy I dreamed up..
"Pick any card. NOT that one!!!"
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
I built the table from Wilson as well. It worked pretty well but if I did it over I would make it a bit larger. Not taller just wider panels. This would then support a large top as well.

I found that the shelf, because of it's size was pretty useless except for adding stability to the table.

Smile
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Would anyone be willing to post the dimensions for making a suitcase table like the Millenium table that is available? This can't be that hard to make but I am sure the dimensions are the critical criteria for making a nice portable stage table and suitcase for props.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Table? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL