The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What do you know about the new 3D Secure system? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
Just so there is no misunderstanding, 3D Secure is not a trick, but a new security system that banks and companies are talked into applying for right now, for the credit cards. Since it can involve buying from magic dealers, I write in this section, but I'm not sure it belongs here. If it belongs in another section, please move it there. Okay, here it goes:

3D Secure is a new security system the banks and companies (magic companies) are "forced" to apply to.

The banks of Sweden are not going to apply for it.

The question:

If my bank has not applied for it, will it be impossible to use my credit card to buy magic on the internet if the magic dealer is connected to 3D Secure? That's what I heard.

If that is the case, I personally think 3D Secure stinks.

Mikael, Sweden
Hoggle
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Hoggle
From my cursory examination of the Visa documentation I would say No. Here is a quote from their documents:

"Can be implemented without requiring
Merry Christmas
Hoggle
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Hoggle
From my cursory examination of the Visa documentation I would say No. Here is a quote from their documents:

"Can be implemented without requiring specialized cardholder software or hardware"

This works on something that already exists in your browser, much like secure sockets layer (SSL) but can be used from other devices like mobile phones too.

This system is definately designed to enable MORE spending, not less. Though the reality may be different.
Merry Christmas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What do you know about the new 3D Secure system? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL