The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » 3 Card Monte With Bottle Caps?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

richardl
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of richardl
Hello All -

Last night I was hanging out with some friends and started playing around with some screw top beer bottle caps.

I was holding them in 3 Card Monte fashion and started playing around with the hype and fake hype. Is there any books or videos with this trick?

Thanks,
Richard
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Quote:
On 2004-11-28 14:36, richardl wrote:
Hello All -

Last night I was hanging out with some friends. And started playing around with some screw top beer bottle caps.

I was holding them in 3 card monte fassion. And started playing around with the hype and fake hype. Is there any books or videos with this trick?

Thanks
Richard

I do not think that there is anything with bottle caps being tossed as 3 card monte. In terms of print, are you thinking of the three shell game with bottle caps?
k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
283 Posts

Profile of k
Mmm... I have never seen/read anything on the subject, but you could also play monte with bottle caps and coins!
Even with coins doing the same hypy move!
I'm just a blind Con that lost his I...
remember, Magic's everywhere... ("Your are the magic !" - Albert Goshman)

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
MinnesotaChef
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis,MN
176 Posts

Profile of MinnesotaChef
I watched a dude in Chicago do the 3 shell game with plastic coke bottle tops. A few months later a guy up here was pulling the same scam. I would say that the similarities run more akin to the shell game than 3 card monte. There is also the scam where you locate the coin placed under the bottle cap for betting purposes.
"Great restaurants are, of course, nothing but brothels.There is no point in going into them if one intends to keep one's belt buckled."- Fredric Raphael
Katmando
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Katmando
Sal Piacente - Three Shell Game - Discusses how to do this with bottle caps and a pea (or a replacement).

He slides them around and does not pick them up like you would with cards.

Later <><
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » 3 Card Monte With Bottle Caps?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL