The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Bottle for Lonnie Chevrie coin in bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Looks more like plastic from the pic.
Yours,

Ivan
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
It's a cosmetic bottle. And trust me all the stuff on this DVD rocks! workers

koz
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
So it's not the one on the site, right?
Yours,

Ivan
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
I showed and gave Lonnie the Scope bottle in the early 80's. He added the tweezers and made the routine practical for everyday use. I used the same quarter I've always used. Lonnie broke his bottle accidentally. Later he found another mouthwash bottle that worked for him - Signal I believe.

The Signal bottle has a larger lid than the Scope bottles but works just fine. In both cases the lid is shallower than the coin and extremely deceptive. There are other properties of the mouthwash bottle that give it advantages over the makeup bottles when performing.

Our bottles are glass but you can't find them anymore. I have enough stashed bottles to keep me supplied for quite some time. There are other bottles that will work. You just have to experiment. I distinctly remember sitting with Charles McFarland at an airport testing all the different little liquor bottles we could find. The all had issues. But we had a good time since we had to empty them first.<g>

Shortly after that I found the Scope bottle and it worked perfectly. Gathered all I could and went from there.

There are some other little things that make the effect work day in and day out but you'll discover them as you work with the routine.

So the timeline on the effect is around 1984-85 for the discovery with the Scope bottle. Lonnie added the tweezers about a week after I showed him my routine.

As far as Lonnies DVD's are concerned the are full of practical material you will actually use. Get them and find the working material some of us have had access to for all these years. You won't be sorry.

~ Dan
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Quote:
On 2004-12-07 15:28, Daren wrote:
Does anyone know if you can get a folded 10p coin but with the three pieces as in Lonnie's version.

I'm a bit late in on this thread. However, a good place to find gimmicked sterling coins is Peter Crush at Presto Magic. They may not be on the website, but if you e-mail Peter, he'll tell you if they're making them:

http://www.zyworld.com/coinpurse/Prestomain.htm

Good luck.

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Just browsing and found this:

http://cards4magic.co.uk/acatalog/Fake_British_Coins.html

There are single- and double-folding 10p coins. I have used this website in the past (they have an excellent selection of different decks of cards) and can highly recommend them.

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Bottle for Lonnie Chevrie coin in bottle (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL