The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » ITR questions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Is it possible to walk away from floating item with all ITR's? Does a specific ITR need to be purchased in order to walk away? Can any one suggest a good ITR?

Thanks
Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
ITR's have built in retraction that is designed to allow you some movement away from the object. How much movement you have depends on the type of ITR and the type of IT being used.
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Well I know they say that with the Spider Pen you can walk up to 25 feet away from the object. How is that possible?? How is it possible to walk away from any object when the ITR is attached somewhere to your body?

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm pretty sure it's okay to answer this question publicly because even if you know this you'll still need to pick up an ITR to do it.

You wear the ITR on you. usually pinned to your shirt or under your jacket. You pull the thread out and stick to the edge of a table or chair. So it's running from you to the table.

You attach an object such as a bill to the thread in front of you. Let go and it's now floating.

If you followed me so far you'll realize that if you stepped back away from the table. The thread will be pulled out of the ITR. So the distance between you and the bill will increase. The bill will stay where it is but you can step away from it.

This sounds very easy to do and it really isn't to hard. But it'll take some practice to make it look good. So spend some time with it before you go out and perform it. you want to have control of the floating bill and make it move very slowly.

The Spider Pen allows you to move further away because it's a motorized reel. The tension doesn't increase.

You can move pretty far away with an original ITR too. It's just that the more thread you pull out the stronger the tension will get. Go to far and the tension will be strong enough to break the thread.

That answer your questions?

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Yes it did. Thank you very much Ron. That was very helpful.

Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
I have recently received the Spider and am delighted with every aspect of it, in fact it is brilliant and very usable. Ideal place to talk about it don't you think, the Web?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok I read this guy once posted on here about just casually buying something and leaving a bill on the counter when he walk away, the cashier told him and he snapped his fingers and it flew to his hand. Now I have been working with ITs for years But never ITRs is it possible to do it this way or does it have to be a cartain hook up? I use to Leclaires animator. Can anyone help?
BobbyJ
View Profile
New user
Tucson, Az
48 Posts

Profile of BobbyJ
Paisa, you would need an ITR with a break on it. Have a lot of loose IT out when you hook up, so you can walk away. Then, snap your fingers, release the break.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok I see what your saying..so an ITR is needed not just a regular hook up like the leclaire animator?
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
Can't be done with the LeClair Hook-up. Could be done with an ITR, would be easier to do with John Kennedy's Stealth Retractor.

Here's a link: http://www.johnkennedymagic.com/scripts/default.asp
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thanks a lot Bill.
BobbyJ
View Profile
New user
Tucson, Az
48 Posts

Profile of BobbyJ
I've heard good things about the Stealth Retractor. But I've never used one. Have to check it out.
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Who makes the "best" ITR? There are many out there but which one is the "best"?

BobbyJ
View Profile
New user
Tucson, Az
48 Posts

Profile of BobbyJ
The best would be hard to say. There are a lot of them out there. I use three different types for different effects. The best will be the one that works for you.
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
Quote:
On 2004-12-07 06:01, paisa23 wrote:
Ok I read this guy once posted on here about just casually buying something and leaving a bill on the counter when he walk away, the cashier told him and he snapped his fingers and it flew to his hand. Now I have been working with ITs for years But never ITRs is it possible to do it this way or does it have to be a cartain hook up? I use to Leclaires animator. Can anyone help?

It can be done with The Ultimate Float Controler by Stefan Schutzer.
I think that Hocus Pocus is selling it in the US.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » ITR questions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL