The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Confetti launch (may be some use to francis) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Uno
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Uno
Hey there!

Attached is a possible 'home-made' confetti launch. I'd be very grateful if someone could reply back if they can access or not access the attachment.
Thanks!

uno
james_magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of james_magic
Can't accesss it.......
B.K.Pal
View Profile
New user
India
74 Posts

Profile of B.K.Pal
Can't access. How to ?
Sincerely Yours,....PAL
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I'd heard of someone making their own confetti launcher using parts for a sprinkler system from Home Depot. I'll see if I can find the article..
Deke Rivers
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Deke Rivers
I built one yesterday. It works great. Costs about $25, including the glue and extras. I could probably make a second one for under $20. I found the plans by following the link in the "PVC Illusions" topic in the "Grand Illusions" section.

Here's the link:

http://home.paonline.com/joespuppets/5-airgun.htm
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
That looks kinda neat. How much confetti it can handle? How do you charge it? Is your valve manual or electric?
Sent from my Typewriter
Deke Rivers
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Deke Rivers
The valve operates by regular 9V batteries, although by using the manual version (a lever valve) it can be operated by hand. I used an air compressor to charge it, but it could be done by a hand pump as it only needs about 60-80 psi. It held the charge for many hours (no leaks) so I will charge it at home before the show. The amount of confetti depends on the size of the "barrel" pvc pipe.
miscoes
View Profile
New user
Allariz, Spain
94 Posts

Profile of miscoes
Hello.

I have a very simmilar design to the posted here but instead of a garden electric valve I reuse old washing-machine electrovalves.

Some models use three-way valves so you have the option to shot 3 different cannons from a single device ( providing you does not release all the compressed air in the first shot )

In Spain, that valves opperate on 220 Volts. so you can plug one of them into the mains AC to operate.
Deke Rivers
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Deke Rivers
But, with a 24v AC system like the one I made, you don't need to have access to electricity. The thing can be triggered with a couple of 9v batteries, which is far simpler than having to run extension cords, find outlets, etc. I also have a DC converter in case I WANT to plug it in, but it's nice to have flexibility. I suspect most of the time I'll choose trigger it with a battery.

I had a problem with mine leaking. It would only hold a charge for a short time. I found that the solenoid was not tight. Once I tightened it, it held a compressed air charge for 24 hours ... more than enough time to charge it at home, take it to a show and set up.

Any suggestions on what to launch with this? Would the Cresey throw streamers work? The launch tube is only 3/4", but I could adapt it for a larger load.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Confetti launch (may be some use to francis) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL