The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Where to get bands? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
I have been performing an effect of Jay Sankeys for quite some time now. I first saw it on the Sankey Sanders sessions DVD. I don't remember the name but he basically moves his initials from one business card onto a second, signed (by the spectator) business card held in the spectators hand. It's a great effect which relies on a very cool and clever principle and provides you with an exceptional reason for getting the business cards out. It resets instantly and is just a great trick. I could go on about it more but I'll leave it there and get to my point.

This effects requires the use of a rubber band. When I first saw the DVD I knew I had a band of around that size lying around somewhere. I found it and used it until a few days ago when it broke, fortunately I was not performing at the time!

Now here is the thing. I thought that finding another of these bands would be no problem at all. I was wrong. I can't find a replacement for it and it is beginning to get very frustrating. Websites don't seem to go into too much detail on the size and thickness etc. and every other band I've tried just doesn't work the same. If you attempt to use a larger band and double it over, the principle in question doesn't work smoothly.

The approx. size of the band I need is 3cm(1.5"approx) x 1cm(0.5"approx)wide. It doesn't need to be exact but somewhere in that region. If anyone knows of anywhere I can buy bands like this please tell me or if you have one yourself please PM me. It's a great trick, those who do it will know that but these darned rubber bands are pretty elusive.

If it helps I think the last one came holding vegetables together, spring onions I believe, but I've scoured the veggie department at Asda to no avail. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks,

Dave
cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
363 Posts

Profile of cataquet
Dave, if you want, I am a frequent buyer of spring onions and could probably get you bands of the right size. How many do you want?

Bye for now

Harold
Harold Cataquet
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Wow, I had the same problem. Cataquet would there be any way to let me in on those bands?
cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
363 Posts

Profile of cataquet
Guys, I'll have a word with the fruit & veg man and see if he can get me a bunch of these. Will let you know when I get more info
Harold Cataquet
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
They come on Broccoli.

Bob
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1666 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
When I've wanted short wide bands of a specific dimension, I've cut them out of old inner tubes.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
Chris Thibault
View Profile
Elite user
Massachusetts
469 Posts

Profile of Chris Thibault
Like Bob said I get mine from Broccoli also. That's the only place I've ever found them.
-Chris
magicshift
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of magicshift
It sounds like those itty bitty rubber bands for your hair when your doing cornrows and brades. I'm not sure were to get them though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Where to get bands? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL