The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » A Max Maven trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic74Josh
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
101 Posts

Profile of Magic74Josh
I recently purchased the Max Maven, videomind 3-video series. In a trick called
"The Mochkingbird" I forget the shuffel theory, does anyone know anything about this, (name, how it works, what is the thought behind it) I know that it is complicated. But I am curious. Smile
Magically Yours,
Magic74Josh
Magic7Josh@aol.com
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
You might wish to read Charles T. Jordan's words on related matters as well, specifically Chapter 1 of "Thirty Card Mysteries" (1919). It is entitled "Trailing The Dovetail Shuffle to its Lair."
Lance Pierce
View Profile
Special user
878 Posts

Profile of Lance Pierce
Gilbreath Principle, yes? Named after Norman Gilbreath, mathematician.

TCR
TylerErickson
View Profile
New user
St. Paul, Minnesota
50 Posts

Profile of TylerErickson
Quote:
On 2002-09-06 14:09, TenCardRow wrote:
Gilbreath Principle, yes? Named after Norman Gilbreath, mathematician.

I believe TCR is correct.

The Gilbreath Principle is one of Max's favorite tools. (I think it is employed in SEVERAL of the effects on the "Video Mind" tapes)

Mr. Gilbreath had his own "One Man Parade" in Linking Ring Magazine in which he introduced his discovery. If you have the back issues you should find it. Otherwise you may want to consider purchasing the CD-ROM collection of Linking Ring. (There's a TON of great material in it just waiting to be discovered)

Also, you may wish to look at the work of Simon Aronson. He has much thought on stacks in combination with shuffles.

Best of luck,

Tyler
Magic74Josh
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
101 Posts

Profile of Magic74Josh
THAT'S IT, just couldn't remember the name of it. Does anyone know where I could get the information on the math that makes it work, or does anyone know where I can purchase the Linking Ring on CDROM.

THANKS
Magically Yours,
Magic74Josh
Magic7Josh@aol.com
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Magic74Josh,
I would simply suggest that you review the tapes again as Max tells what issue of the linking ring you can find some info on the Gilbreath Principle. I have the tapes myself and think they are really great, but if you are going to be performing The Mockingbird or The Hawk or any of the other effects I suggest you view the material several times and then practice, practice, practice. Especially with The Hawk. If you like Max's work you may want to check out some of Eugene Burger's work as well. Smile
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Max told me that there are no good books on the Gilbreath Principle, but that he is working on one. I, for one, can't wait. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » A Max Maven trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL