The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Bandana trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

james_magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of james_magic
I was wondering if it is possible to buy the
"vanishing bandana trick" performed by David Copperfield. I've seen the one that vanishes the banana in a cloth but it doesn't seem as funny as the one he did. And the voice is great. Any help is appreciated, Cheers James
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
Try Denny Haney at http://www.dennymagic.com

-Marty
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Steven's Magic Emporium used to sell it. I'm not sure if they still do. http://www.stevensmagic.com
I've been thinking about using the trick but have decided not to as most people 30 and younger have no idea what a bandana is; so the joke is lost on them. Works great on people over 30. The word is just not being used much anymore (or right now).
Coram Deo
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Or you can save your money and dig out a back copy of the Linking Ring -- May, 1998 -- for my Showtime column in which I offer the routine, Top Banana, in which a banana and a bandanna are confused.
It's an old, old routine and if anyone is interested, e-mail me privately and I'll send you the routine.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Banana Bandana, is an old vaudville skit often performed by clowns, it's a two person routine. Which I love performing when I work with a partner, which is not often. I use the new version and I have been getting a LOT of laughs! Crowds love it.
If you have an idea record your own tape and vanish the banana however you like. I'm sorry I didn't see David C do it.
Smile
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
Having seen two completely different presentations of this effect, one which is outstandingly funny, by Terry Herbert, and one which was the complete anthithesis, I would recommend thinking very carefully about whether this fits in with your performing character before you buy it. (although I guess this is true of almost all magic)
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
Wallace
View Profile
Loyal user
Bangor, Northern Ireland
208 Posts

Profile of Wallace
Terry Herbert's presentation is a real show stopper!! Smile
Wallace B
Phred
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Phred
As I understand it, the banana/bandana effect performed by DC was done without authorization or permission from the creator of the effect (in fact against his express wishes). The creator of the effect (whose name escapes me, sorry) has never marketed the effect, so the marketed versions are rip offs.

If you care about such things as intellectual property rights, I would suggest using Peter's version that he has kindly published and offered to the magical fraternity, gratis.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Bandana trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL