The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » The best close-up case I ’ve found (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I don't know if there is Rona Hardware where you are at, but I saw their perfect close up case.

I went to Home Hardware but the case I saw there was too big.

Rona had a 2 piece set with a large black aluminum case and a smaller silver one. My son and I split the cost as he wanted the larger one for tools, so it only cost me 20.
Check it out! Rona is a chain in Canada that took over Irly Bird by the way.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Quote:
On 2002-10-17 19:38, M. Perk wrote:
I don't understand using a Doctor's bag for holding magic gear. Does a doctor use a magic wand when he operates? Of all the Doctors I see or know, not one of them has the old Drs. House call bag. You'd think someone would make a bag in the shape of a Magician's hat.

I have one of those close up cases that Kingstardog mentioned. Serves it's purpose nicely except for small items get knocked around. I might check out the case from Lowes everyone is talking about. For 20 buck it can't hoirt.

M. Perk Smile

In ancient times, some did. Magicians, in some cases (wizards, sorcerers, etc.) WERE the local medical help.

Also, magicians are often given to calling themselves "professor" or "Doctor," so a medical bag isn't too over the top, IMPO.

My personal preference is a modern camera bag with adjustable/removable partitions, but, when working for costume gigs, I fit the carrying gear to the period I'm working.

At Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament, I use a Sporran (the Scots kilt purse) and internal pockets in the costume. For Science Fiction Conventions, I have a lunchbox that has a Radiation Hazard Label on one side and a Biohazard warning on the other.

For outdoor gigs, I use a photographer's vest—LOTS of pockets, easily accessible.

You get the idea.

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Dave Schutt
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Dave Schutt
Here is some updates and clarification on the Lowes/Home Depot cases. I spent my Sunday bopping between the two stores looking at the cases.

Lowes-"Task Force" has shapeable foam in bottom plus some inserts to section of areas. The top is like an egg carton shaped foam to keep everything in place. Price with tax was just under $30.

Home Depot-"Work Force" does not have foam in bottom but has more dividers to section off the box. The top is like a screwdriver holder. You might be able to fit a TT in the top and various Pens Thru Whatever. The price for this one is $19.95.

There is no doubt in my mind the Lowes model is definitely worth the $10 extra to be able to customize it and have a tight fit when you close it. I suppose the other case could be useful for bigger props but you'd still have to get some foam to keep your items protected.
Dave Schutt
Charlotte, NC
cigar808
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of cigar808
After reading all the posts I went over to my local Lowes and picked up one of these cases. It'll work perfectly for my needs. Thanks to everybody for your input on this.
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
What? Hasn't anyone seen the GigRig.com? Only $1,200 cheap! There is one at http://www.Magicauction.com for only $800 cheap! It is no cheap case, with fine walnut outer shell, slots, hooks and loops for loads. Top opens for a small staging shelf in back when lying on its side, plus, plus, plus.

Granted this is a gorgeous case but who buys this sort of thing? I got a techie work case for my computer tools years ago and another for magic. Plus a salesman's sample case for my kids show and one airline-proof cargo case when necessary.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
waltsal
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of waltsal
Some of the most unique cases are sold at Hobby Lobby stores-- they are Indian/Chinese- made wood with leather coverings and straps with brass pins. Periodically, the store puts them on sale at 50 percent off. They look magical and mysterious and I recommend them to those looking for something different and striking.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Waltsal.....I need to check that out. I got a nice carry on from a thrift store for about $4....saw a real nice blue foot locker at another for about $14 but they had already sold it. I too like the unique looks to bring in for a show....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » The best close-up case I ’ve found (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL