The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Children's Magic Sets - Recommendations? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I figured that this was likely the best place for this thread, although the moderators may move it elsewhere.

I have a friend who travels to China frequently and would like to take a few children's magic sets with him. Has anyone a suggestion about a good children's magic set and a dealer who stocks them?

Thanks in advance!
Flores Magic
View Profile
New user
Denver, CO
54 Posts

Profile of Flores Magic
I would reccomend a Marshall Brodien magic sets. They are great for kids and range from 4 tricks to 25 tricks to 100 tricks. A couple of years ago they would sell the bigger sets at SAMS club, but now I think your best bet would be to look on ebay.

Darren Flores
Smile
" Pick a card, any card "
Callin
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, Oregon
123 Posts

Profile of Callin
I carry a great series of children's magic sets at a great price. There are six of them altogether and they have a lot of fun and easy to do magic. Email me if you are interested at richard@callinsmagic.com

Thanks,
Richard Green
Callin's House of Magic
The Pacific Northwest's Largest and Oldest Magic Shop. Established 1953.
Visit us at www.callinsmagic.com
Ask me about the New Jerry Andrus Movie
"A Thing of Wonder" is Available Now!
James Owen
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of James Owen
What about the magic sets from http://www.MagicTricks.co.uk. Is this set any good The Magic Cicle Deluxe Box of Tricks it is recommended by the Magic Circle is it also for a beginner.

Best and Kind Regards

Take Care all of you Smile Smile Smile Smile
Beetroot
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Beetroot
There aren't many replies here, so I'll add my thoughts.

I bought my nephew The Magic Circle Deluxe Box of Tricks mentioned by James, above, as I thought it was a fair bit better than a lot of sets you can get. In general I'm not a fan of children's magic sets because you generally see the same things over and over and over again. I'm more inclined to buy some simple but specific tricks myself and box them up together.

Then again, I'm the type of person that makes my own Christmas crackers. Smile
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
The first set I started with many years ago (and they still sell) is the Adams magic set which had in it "Rice Bowls, Coin in box, Cups and Balls, money tray, etc., and was very good in starting to learn the basic fundamentals in magic.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Tolga Ozuygur
View Profile
New user
Istanbul / Turkey
60 Posts

Profile of Tolga Ozuygur
Marshall Brodien's Magic sets are great. They are good in quality and not very expensive. You can find them at big toy stores such as "Toys r Us". Neverthelss every magic set charge you for the package.
Maybe it is better that you pick up the items and make up your own magic set.
Smile Smile Smile Smile
DarkKnight
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of DarkKnight
Depending on the age, Marvins Magic Hat is quite good. 125 tricks included including picking a rabbit from a hat !
Anthatron
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Anthatron
Last year I got Lance Burton's magic set and loved it. It comes in a suitcase type box with tons of props. It contains most of the props that one would need to do magic right away, not just a book with filler do it yourself magic ideas. Another great addition to the set is a video of Lance Burton showing you how to perform several of the effects. I found my set at Costco.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Toys R us sells Marvin's magic sets. Not a big fan of them myself...but they are affordable. Brodien's sets are ok for kids as well.

I wish I can remember what my first set was when I was 6 or 7.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I think that most Magic sets are a rip-off. Too much filler (that is garbage). My suggestion is to make your own.
Not the answer you are looking for I know but over the years I have looked at many Magic sets and I have not found a single one that I would purchase as a gift for anyone. Just my opinion.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Almost-A-Magician
View Profile
Regular user
New England
158 Posts

Profile of Almost-A-Magician
If you have a "Zainy Brainy" store near you, they are going out of business and currently having a liquidation sale. As they are owned by FAO Schwartz, they carry the Fantasma Sets, which are pretty nice. 50% off at least.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Children's Magic Sets - Recommendations? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL