The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Looking for artificial fruit for OLEC (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Anyone know where I can get some decent artificial fruit for the Orange, Lemon part of the OLEC?

Thanks, Rob
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
Talk with Dan Sperry, he is on here...he made some up for me and it works very well.
Zaubern Smile
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Thanks Zaaubern
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Try Abbott's Magic, they use to sell latex fruit on occassion. Also Owen Magic has it in their catalog. Martini Magic may carry some or know who is currently making latex fruit.

Email these places and I am sure you will find something.
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
I use Doug Malloy's Lemons from Lemon Game. He sold me some a while back. They have made it through probably 1,000 shows. http://www.MalloyModernMagic.com
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Malloy's lemon looks fake, not practical for close up but ok for stage...not mentining very light.

Get the Fab Fruit- Lemon from Micheal Ammar, it loos so real even close up, cost $15 a piece .The lemon have a nice, shiny and bumpy surface, very realistic. These are all hand painted.

They are superior to the previous types of fake fruit. They are made of dense rubber (not plastic, plastic is too light) - they are durable....I perform the OLEC close to 600 shows, no one can tell them apart...looks so real close up even from far...get it Smile

As for the wooden egg, get it from Nielsen Magic.....is small, NOT shiny(Very important cos many version I seen very shiny, looks very fake & the size just nice....intially I bought 4 sets of wooden eggfrom Fabric Manipulation, thought they are the best in the world...but is too big & the shape looks very odd for an egg, their perfect egg seem perfect BUT crack easily....hence, I switch back to Norm...

Hope this helps Smile
doveboy
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Thanks for all your help. Can the Ammar Fab Fruit Lemon be h*****ed out for n***ing the egg or is it just to be used in the first half of the trick? Also any leads on the orange?

Thanks again for all the input.

Rob
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
Get in touch with Dan Sperry.
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Looking for artificial fruit for OLEC (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL