The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I was curious if anyone here had read Bill Turners "How to do tricks with cards". It is what got me started down this road. One of my brothers had a T.T. and some silks and showed me a trick. I had to know more and this book was the only magic book I could find, even tho' it wasn't quite what I wanted. But I had an epiphany while reading and haven't stopped. I was interested if anyone else had a similar experience.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
I'm not fimilar with the book you mentioned,but do yourself a favour and get Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic.In this brilliant book you will find many great tricks.There's cards,coins,apperatus magic,sponge balls,cups and balls and many more.You will certainly find what you are looking for in this book.
Andre
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I think I have that book is it the 7"X5" X4"thick soft cover one? The one I have Is from Mark Wilson I believe. But I have Collected many books and DVD's in the years that have passed. I was just saying how I started. Thanks for the advice though, when I get home I will check if the book I have is the one you were talking about. I always look for new books and vid's. What would I do without L&L publishing?
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
magiccarpet
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magiccarpet
I started out reading the Tarbell Course. I have numbers 1-7. There is so much information in them. You can look through them again and again and find something new. Modern Magic is a good book with the standard effects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic books (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL