The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Please Help Me... Please!! Card Sword Problems (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

krantis
View Profile
Regular user
AUSTRALIA
106 Posts

Profile of krantis
Hi Everyone.
I have recently purchased a card sword... Julio Lipan (Spain).
Upon only reloading the item only twice to practice the elastic broke and has retracted into the shaft of the sword. Wow - major problem..
Firstly I have dealt with many card swords in the past, this one uses really thick elastic thread which does not help with the matter at hand.
There is now a blockage in the sword.
I have spent days and countless hours using different types of wire inlcuding piano wire to push it out... no luck.
I have tried thinners to loosen the quality of the elastic and to melt it.. no luck.
I heated a long wire with a soldering gun and stuck that in the sword to melt the fibres... now its just a mess... I still have blockage.
The sword which cost well over $500.00 is no good and no use. Does someone have a remedy??
I e.mailed Julio Lipan, he was not interested to deal with sending a new one etc... He wnats me to spend $100.00 to send it back. Due to the nature and expense of the product it is way too dear to willy dilly around in the post.
How can I unblock the cord (about 15cm) that is scrunched up in the shaft... has anyone had problems like this before.
Those that may have a clever idea.. your inspiration to this problem would be of great help.
Regards
Michael
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
Oho you have some problems realy.
Sorry I can't help you in anything why don't you buy something else?
Like some usefull DVD's?
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
I may have a solution...
A friend of mine had a similar problem with his sword. He ended up buying a pair of VERY VERY VERY fine pliars which are usually used to make microchips and the like. He said it took him about an hour to get them out but the point is HE GOT IT OUT. Hope this helps. In any case, don't! try to use any acids or burn it out. My friend tried that and he got some nasty black marks on the metal which took longer then the rubber to remove.

DM
krantis
View Profile
Regular user
AUSTRALIA
106 Posts

Profile of krantis
Perhaps some useful tips... instead of telling me to buy dvd's NickJegor.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Didyou buy it from Lipan or a USA dealer?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Please Help Me... Please!! Card Sword Problems (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL