The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Seeing is believing » » Steel ball through glass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Hi, I have a question regarding this effect. It is currently available at prices ranging from £15. I do not know the secret so, If I buy one, how easy will it be for me to make my own (i do have craft and wood-work skills) and make it look a little more retro, like a piece of Victorian/steampunk scientific equipment?
Use the FORCE Luke.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Yes, fairly easy to make.
Circuit_Breaker
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Circuit_Breaker
It is easy to make. And you can make other versions of it with different objects penetrating the glass.

There is a coin version that hasn't been on the market for a very long time. It has a very shallow box.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
I've forgotten what it is called, but Viking makes an apparatus that produces a similar effect--ball bearing penetrates a single playing card--and the method/construction is completely different AND not nearly as angle sensitive in performance. This last means you can comfortably perform the trick for several people at once. (i.e.> there are no moving parts...)

Julie
Circuit_Breaker
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Circuit_Breaker
Please post a link to the Viking trick. I could not find it on their site.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
'sorry, C_B, I don't know how to do that...

Julie
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
I just noticed there is a Viking Marbo Card Penetration listed in the used magic section at Hocus Pocus (just $40!) Smile

Julie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Seeing is believing » » Steel ball through glass (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL