The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Looking for a Phoenix Cup (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shanehillman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of shanehillman
Hola Amigos,

I have been in love with my phoenix cups for some time. Unfortunately, one of my bags was lost at the airport. All things aside the most important thing in there was those cups. Does anyone know where I could acquire another set
? I actually don't need a full set. I do a 2 cup routine so I still have my 3rd cup.

Any thoughts on getting another?

Take care,
-Shane
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
Have you tried contacting Tom Frank directly?
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
They are out of production. However, the Phoenix 2's should still be available from Donnie.
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
I messaged Tom Frank. He says that sadly, the original Phoenix cups are long gone. He said that you can sometimes find them on eBay.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
The Pheonix 2's are excellent ....you should check them out.
https://www.rnt2.com/?subcats=Y&status=A......s.search

The 2's are a nice cup. Currently the mirror finish are out of stock. You can see the pictures of them though.
The Original ones were based on the Ross Bertram design which was also produced by Magic Inc. as the Charlie Miller cups. There was a slight design difference from Ross's hand produced cups.
Tom's cups came out later and had some small design issues which were fixed with the 2's. The 2's are a sturdy cup and hold up well to use. The Miller cups had a tendency to crack with use. The Bertram's were sturdy and have really held up well through time and use. The Bertram's will cost you $1800 - $3000 if you can find a set.
The Miller's will cost you $100 - $500 (do not know anyone who would pay $500 for them)They cost me $50 when I bought mine and I sold a set for $300 (they offered and I sold them).

I wish you luck on your search. I have seem Tom's version of the cups go from $100 just for the cups up to $$300 for the whole set including the box.
The RNT version is a great set and Donnie is great to work with from customer service to knowledge of the cups.

Mobius
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2018, Mobius303 wrote:
The Miller cups had a tendency to crack with use.
Mobius

I have never heard of Miller cups cracking. I've given my working set very hard use on the street (dropping them on concrete, etc.) and they have never cracked either.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
I have held and seen 3 sets that cracked. They cracked at the middle bead on all 3 sets.
The sets were all over 20yrs old maybe closer to 25yrs old before they cracked and were used in many many shows but not abused.
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
My cups are over 20 years old... and they only have one bead.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Yes RiffRaff...one center bead, which would make it the middle of the cup. There is also a rolled lip on the mouth which has not been a problem.
shanehillman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of shanehillman
Thank you for the recommendations! Thanks Barry for reaching out to Tom! I'm going to patiently search for a little longer and then likely go with the Phoenix 2s.
Either that or re-design my 2 cup routine to be a 1 cup routine... Smile

Merry Christmas!

-S
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Looking for a Phoenix Cup (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL