The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MINDvention » » Still on the fence? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I've been fortunate to have been attending MINDvention for most of its existence and can safely say that this year's lineup may well be the strongest to date!
So if you're sitting on the fence about attending, a few things to consider (other than the terrific schedule):

- This is a far more intimate convention than most. People - including some of the legends of our community - are entirely accessible.
I will never forget some of the discussions and jam sessions I've been a part of, whether in the main hotel restaurant or the pub (names like Maven, Osterlind, Cassidy, Nyman, Becker, McLeod, Weber(x2), Earle, Eagles, Maue, McBride, Stetson, Manor.....and on and on). Some of the stories, alone, are worth the price of admission!

- Pros, semi-pros, & amateurs are all welcome and recognized. There's no sense of elitism here.

- The dealer room is filled with some of the top names in Mentalism products (forgive the obvious self-serving nature of this point), many of whom will debut brand new stuff for this event.
You will also find that the dealers have more time to demo their stuff and answer your questions.

- You shouldn't be surprised to see some very well-known 'local' performers show up, unannounced. We are in Vegas, after all!

- Some sessions will be as good as you expect (I am totally stoked about seeing The Evansons - for my money one of the finest acts in our community!), while other sessions (with little to no expectation because of their lower profile as working pros) will blow you away with all of the killer information that is freely shared. Ken Dyne was like this for me, his first time at MV. And if you've never seen David Gerard lecture, he is one of the smartest and most insightful performers in our game! I suspect that one of this year's great surprises will be Timon Krause, whom I had the pleasure of seeing perform in France, a few years ago (and you may have seen him fool Penn & Teller).

- The evening shows are an added bonus. There used to only be one final night show. But for the past few years, a show has been scheduled all 3 nights, giving you the chance to see many of the lecturers doing their day jobs!

- In & Out Burger is walking distance from the hotel (just had to add that one!).

Hope to see you there in 4-weeks!

Eric
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2018, eSamuels wrote:

- In & Out Burger is walking distance from the hotel (just had to add that one!).

Okay, now I'm in. That was the one that did it for me.
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2018, Mindpro wrote:

Okay, now I'm in. That was the one that did it for me.

But of course....
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Eric is very convincing !
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Well, we know where all the chubby mentalists will be headed. Smile

OK, kidding aside, there is some ground breaking stuff planned for this year and I'm extremely excited to see it all go down.

The Evasons don't lecture so typically you will only ever see them performing, which in and of itself is a wealth of inspiration and insights. Only at Mindvention they will be doing a question and answer session giving everyone the opportunity to tap into their amazing perspective on real world performing in the mentalism field. This is an extremely rare opportunity! Don't be the one saying, "yeah, I was thinking of going but..."

The convention opens with Rick Maue leading a panel discussion of performance character that you won't want to miss. Rick's insight into performing is always right on the money and cuts right to the core of things. I can't wait to see who he has on his panel! It is sure to shake things up and get you thinking about and inspired about defining your character on stage.

Ian Rowland always presents great, new material which is hard hitting and direct. Finally he is here at Mindvention! You are going to love his lecture. And be sure to ask him how he lost so much weight. <-- inside joke, but do it... It will annoy him to no end.

I could go on for hours about the exciting things happening at Mindvention this year, and I will, but right now I gotta get back into the real world and get my plate cleared so I can be totally focussed at Mindvention.

Hope to see you there!
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
586 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Actually, I will be doing a lecture on Character to open the convention on Sunday; and then, the panel discussion on Character will be on Monday. Both should be interesting. I hope to see a bunch of you there.

Keep the change,
Rick
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
It's here.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Sounds like a great time...
hotjacket
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of hotjacket
I've been on the fence for years, it's it's half-way around the world, but this year, it's happening! Can't wait!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
This will be my fist, glad to see friends will be there.

Tony
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
This will be my first as well!
I'm really looking forward to it.
If anyone wants to do an interview for my podcast, hit me up, I'll be doing some recording there.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MINDvention » » Still on the fence? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL