The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Hot off the Press! » » Cyberpunk Bicycle® Playing Cards... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Hey gang,

Those of you who are into playing cards really need to check these bad boys out...

Cyberpunk Bicycle Playing Cards Poker Size Limited Edition

An amazing fully custom collectible deck suitable for all of your playing card needs from artist Jamie Meza and producer Will Roya.

ABOUT THIS PROJECT...

Inspired by the literary genre CYBERPUNK, we present a dystopian society where humans are mixed with machines and also physically plugin to something that today we call the internet.
In this chaotic world full of conspirators and oppression many gangs are rising, each trying to survive for the crumbs left by the mega corporations.
This deck shows you four of those gangs and we will leave the rest of the story to your imagination.

FEATURES...

• Printed by USPCC
  • Officially Bicycle® Branded
  • Classic Stock with an Air-Cushion Finishâ„¢
  • Traditionally Cut
  • Regulation Poker Size
  • 52 Cards + 2 Jokers & 2 Extras
  • Includes a Tuck Case Reveal
  • Two-Way Full Bleed Back Design
  • 100% Custom Original Art
  • Illustrated by Jamie Meza
  • Produced by Will Roya
  • Limited Edition
  • Silver Gilding Upgrade Add-On!

STRETCH GOALS...

• $4,000 - Deck Funds! (DONE!)
  • $8,000 - Custom Numbered Tuck Seal
  • $12,000 - Tuck Case Upgrade
  • $16,000 - ?????

THE CARDS...

BROTHERHOOD - CLUBS:

Vestiges of the Rastafarian culture these guys are crazy!! They have created a cult that worships the ganya goddess who they have found in a far section of the matrix and according to them she controls the whole cyberspace, the brotherhoods commitment will help her across to the physical world.

PIRATES - HEARTS:

The first human colonies in Mars did not take long to declare independence, triggering a ruthless civil war, the earth government, as part of plan to retake the Mars, canceled the oxygen supplies to the planet, now the pirates traffic with the precious element that they sell to poor communities and although they seem to be like Robin Hood, they aren't.

GOOD BOYS - SPADES:

Do you need a cyber implant? Pirate access points to the matrix? Analog or digital drugs? Or maybe weapons?
These guys are your best ally if you have a way to pay them or your worst enemies if somebody else has already paid them.

Yaxuka YAXUKA - DIAMONDS:

To keep power, the corporations need their detractors to suffer "unfortunate accidents" and what better way to cause this than a bloody and silent elite unit.
Nobody has seen them, they are an urban myth, if you do see one, it will be the last thing you see.

THE JOKERS:

THE BACK:

THE TUCK:

REVIEW OF THE PROTOTYPE...

MISSED OUT ON SOME OF MY PAST CAMPAIGNS?

Check out the mixed 6 and 12 pack rewards that contain decks funded right here on Kickstarter.

A NOTE FROM THE ARTIST JAMIE MEZA...

Hello I am Jaime Meza, a graphic designer and illustrator from Colombia. I usually work making characters for video and board games. When Will Roya talked to me to make a custom poker deck I immediately knew that I wanted to do a Cyberpunk theme as I had some sketches that I had done some years ago. Something that I wanted was that courts, number and aces even the back design tell us a story. I have been a fan of the Science fiction genre especially cyberpunk that blends between man and machine, the matrix concept and a crashed society.

In the process I wrote a short story of each gang and character, also I wrote shorts text about the society of that world with many common topics in this story; like mega-corporation, mars, technocracy and dystopia. All illustrations are digital using Photoshop and illustrator a little bit. In each step I had Will´s advisory. It was awesome because I knew these cards are used in different activities to play poker, perform magic and cardistry.

FULFILLMENT...

By PlayingCardDecks.com with a safe delivery guarantee and emailed tracking.
International customers are responsible for any custom fees and taxes. Canadian customs are prepaid and included in the shipping cost.

SPECIAL THANKS...

• Max Playing Cards
  • United Cardists
  • The Magic Café®
  • Kardify
  • Magic Orthodoxy
  • Gentleman Wake
  • Ender's Game
  • The Card Club
  • The Cardist
  • Our Repeat Super Backers
  • Fellow Creators & Social Media Friends
  • My Family & Staff

Please "LIKE" us on FACEBOOK

RISKS AND CHALLENGES

All the artwork has been pre-approved by USPCC. Some small design elements may be subject to change based on backer feedback and printer recommendations.

Besides being a super backer, I have successfully completed and delivered several of my own campaigns as well as helping & collaborating with other creators.

I really enjoy the process of creating decks with the artists and working with backers to bring the decks to life. I am in a fortunate situation to be able to cover some of the costs of producing the decks but without the help of the Kickstarter community I would not be able to bring all of my projects to life. Creating these decks is a significant investment of time and money and I am grateful for any and all support.

If there are delays or issues they will be communicated and dealt with in an open manner. As always, I appreciate any feedback. You are welcome to reach out to me directly at any time and I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner.

Thank you!

Will Roya

PlayingCardDecks.com

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Hot off the Press! » » Cyberpunk Bicycle® Playing Cards... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL