The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Robert Ramirez Live and Let Dai (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of KokoB
Live And Let Dai is an amazing twist on Dai Vernon's Triumph effect exclusively at The Magic Apple by Robert Ramirez. It takes Triumph to a whole new level of magic, It will fool magician's as well as any audience. I went to the workshop last night & was I glad I did I love Triumph one of my very 1st effects I learned & last night not only proved to me that its 1 of magics greatest effect but his twist takes it to a whole new level..
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Came across this recently, but haven’t seen much on it.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
What exactly is supposed to be new here?

https://youtu.be/7vdJ28KU4L4

(Fun performance, by the way.)
lord_wallmotto
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of lord_wallmotto
I doubt that this will fool magicians (not that it should matter), and I don't think that this is really new either. There are several triumphs out there that uses similar methodology.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
790 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Is this more than just a ch**k to ch**k deck?
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
I watched the video and agree nothing new here. However the initial display in a fanned condition is important to the success of the trick. The fan appears to show all of the backs then when the deck is spread FU the spectator believes the deck has been seen front and back completely. In actuality, the gaffs are hidden in plain sight.
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Sigh...so close yet so far....

I watched the trailer and while they did "TRY" to tape a straight through performance .. which is good. There where so many camera cuts, they could have changed the deck into an elephant !
Therefore, I have to suspect the routine is NOT as clean as we are led to believe.

If they just made the trailer without all the camera cuts, it would have been a LOT better.

Sigh :-(
Long Island,

New York
RobRamMagic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of RobRamMagic
There's only cuts for style purposes. It's that clean I promise you. It doesn't look like anything can happen in those moments anyway.

It's a better than a c**** to c**** deck. This you can use with most bicycle and Phoenix decks. You're not stuck with one color. Also you can't make this at home because this style of deck hasn't been printed for over 10 years so these cards custom.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2019, RobRamMagic wrote:
There's only cuts for style purposes. It's that clean I promise you. It doesn't look like anything can happen in those moments anyway.

It's a better than a c**** to c**** deck. This you can use with most bicycle and Phoenix decks. You're not stuck with one color. Also you can't make this at home because this style of deck hasn't been printed for over 10 years so these cards custom.

Are refills available? I like to have a few decks worth of something I'm using.
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Robert, looks really good, agreed that there’s no need for any edits, I have not seen this before with triumph, like it a lot.

NM
KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of KokoB
Robert is a good magician & the Magic Apple would not put out lame magic tricks like most companies are doing now. & the best part is you need to read to do this effect not watch a video on how to do it..
Dave Wood
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Dave Wood
I know this thread is almost three years old, but I only just heard about this effect (and I always thought I was on the cusp of the latest effects, obviously not!) and thought I'd chime in. I now have this and am pleased with it. The instructions involve some nuances and DIY that I found troublesome. The DIY part, though simple, I did not do very well, so I just set up the deck, so I can do it like a backwards C2C with the same end result you get following the instructions. I like this and recommend it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Robert Ramirez Live and Let Dai (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL