The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Looking for an opener packet trick. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
187 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2019, Kaliix wrote:
Perhaps Poker Test 2.0 would fit the bill. The cards are gaffed but can easily be switched out as you transition into your full deck routine. I use a different story when I use it as my opener. Three rapid visual changes quickly establish your magic cred.

YEAHHHHHH!

This one.
magikmax
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
113 Posts

Profile of magikmax
I don't have a specific packet trick suggestion for you, however your stacked deck comment caught my eye as I've just be browsing through Giobbi's Card College Light. The very first trick in the first routine, "T.N.T.", features the same set up (alternating red & black cards) it's a lovely little self working routine that leaves you set up perfectly for an OOTW effect. Might be worth a look if you fancy changing up the trick for variety while using the same setup.
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
NFW with show of four Jokers. Killer. I think BWave should be closer as it should be premised as a prediction and not magic.
magicwiia
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of magicwiia
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2019, mlippo wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2019, Sixten wrote:
How 'bout this masterpiece? Mr. Kuniyasu Fujiwara: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-GlPQp3_oU

Sorry, but I didn't like it at all…
Too much dealing, too much turning packets over, too much of everything for such a simple and direct effect.

Mark

I agree. Too much so I starting losing interest in the routine as I watched it.
baronborrelli
View Profile
New user
South Jersey
46 Posts

Profile of baronborrelli
I always carry Poker test 2.0 as well, and it is a stunner. You do have to do some minor maintenance, but that is explained. I also use more of my palm in the spreading of the cards, which reduces the need to watch angles.
scottvraneshfallin
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
56 Posts

Profile of scottvraneshfallin
Perhaps a brief Ace production followed by "Twisting the Aces" would be nice.
bdungey
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of bdungey
This might be a little meta for the thread but I'm interested to know regardless - when you're developing a routine, what goes into your consideration for an 'opener' to begin with?
baronborrelli
View Profile
New user
South Jersey
46 Posts

Profile of baronborrelli
My thoughts on openers is that they need to be easy to follow, not a lot of talking and not too long. I would not choose a trick that depends on a little build up. A sucker effect can be decent as well, since the audience may not trust you yet. Also, not untying that requires audience participation/volunteer right away.

For children I always opened with thumbtip silk ending with mouth coil.

for older audience either or amzecups or cut and restored rope.
sandromagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of sandromagic
You can try Ambitious classic. its fun.
OldZombie
View Profile
New user
Buffalo NY
30 Posts

Profile of OldZombie
I like Rick Lax's handling of Dan Harlen's 'Vortex', quick, visual and lets them instantly know you are a magician.
DrIlluminatus
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of DrIlluminatus
Skinner monte
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Looking for an opener packet trick. (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL