The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New Magic School Opening in Miami, FL! GAZZO (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

echoesinvain
View Profile
New user
Miami
7 Posts

Profile of echoesinvain
Greetings Friends,

I am going to let the cat out of the bag. We are in the process of opening a new magic school here in beautiful Miami, FL. The first course to be offered will be a workshop entitled "A Weekend With GAZZO." I am very excited about it and thought you would be too.

Now that I have your attention, this is your opportunity to spend a weekend learning and/or honing up your street entertaining and busking from the master himself!

As mentioned earlier this is a prelude to a FULL SCHOOL. Do you want to be a part of the first inaugural class? I DO!!

GAZZO is conducting a private weekend 3 Day workshop Friday November 9th to Sunday November 11th 2018, in sunny Miami! This is a private, in-person event only and won’t be broadcast. Again, this will be billed as a “Weekend with GAZZO.” We started with 9 spaces and only a few are left. It will no doubt sell out very fast!

You will be in a small group where you’ll REALLY meet one of magic’s greats, and get 1-on-1 hands-on help as he teaches you his VERY favorite magic tricks with a FOCUS on Street Performing and Busking. The value of this experience is truly immeasurable!!!

The workshop will include the use of the materials!

GAZZO will download his knowledge right into your brain. AGAIN---

THE FIRST WORKSHOP WILL BE:

Friday November 9th, 2018
to
Sunday, November 11th, 2018

WHERE: MIAMI, FL

Lunch and Snacks will be included! It’s gonna be 3 days of wonderful. Contact me for details and a full syllabus. Very exciting! Please reach out to me at (305) 297-2395 or adrianfernandez@me.com for more details and information. I am here to help.
Sincerely,

Adrian Fernandez
adrianfernandez@me.com
Nickoli Sharpe
View Profile
Regular user
Worldwide
160 Posts

Profile of Nickoli Sharpe
Hello,

Happy to see people wanting to share there skills and time spent busking.

My question is where oh where will all these new buskers work?

Pitches in the US are non existent, just a couple and there mostly being busted by old timers.

All the best,
Nickoli
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
Nickoli, The truth is most of these people will never venture out to become workers and those who do will likely not like the idea they aren't becoming millionaires when they realize doing 10 plus hours a day on the street is dreadfully difficult work with no guarantees; they will tuck their tails and go back to a regular 9-5.

I know several people who took Marios course in LV and not one has done anything with it.

The truth is buskers are not made, they are born and we are a rare breed...crazy really! ; )

The only thing this course will do is give some club guys the lip service of saying they learned Gazzos routine from the man himself. More unoriginal clones...oh joy!
Nickoli Sharpe
View Profile
Regular user
Worldwide
160 Posts

Ha,

Could not have said it better.

Keep em smiling,
Nickoli
D. Yoder
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of D. Yoder
I disagree with Nickoli on there not being any pitches in the US. In the past two weeks I was performing on the street in Indianapolis, Indiana; St Joseph, Michigan; and Ann Arbor, Michigan and found people who wanted to be entertained with magic. In all three places I didn't see another busker.
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Good on you Doc'... Happy Hats!
Nickoli Sharpe
View Profile
Regular user
Worldwide
160 Posts

Hey good on ya,

We’re you doing sidewalk shows or circle shows?
How many people in the crowd?

Talk to me in January and let me know where your at.

Anyone can be creative and find a show to do in just about any city until they see you making money.
Then watch out, permits, insurance, and who knows what else.

There are pitches but let’s face it not many.
Just my 2 cents

All the best,
Nickoli
D. Yoder
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of D. Yoder
You may be right on the permits, etc coming after people gathering regularly. I was just in and out in a few hours. I am interested in what you mean by a "pitch." At the same time, I don't want to hijack this thread, do I will start a new one with the question.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Adrian, I wish you success with your school!

Education,..sharing experience.
,..space to explore.
Room to wonder,...wander.
The world becomes simply better.

I wish you guys the strength and calmness,
..and cleverness,.
and a bit of 'luck',
...a LOT of Magic(!),
...to have a great success!

Gallagher
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
"
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2018, cbguy wrote:
...I know several people who took Marios course in LV and not one has done anything with it...

The truth is buskers are not made, they are born and we are a rare breed...crazy really! ; )
"

For the record The Focus on Street Magic in Las Vegas is Jeff McBride's course and for the past eight years I have been a guest speaker and teacher at the Magic and Mystery School and I've played a big part in building it. None the less it is part of The McBride Magic and Mystery School, Las Vegas. The feedback we have received from all the students has been overwhelmingly positive. The School of Busking that I founded in 2006 is in the UK where we have our studios. We do travel all over the World performing and teaching and the way I teach is a person focused approach, unique in the world of magic.

Also, I disagree in part with your statement. "...The truth is buskers are not made, they are born..." My saying is this and is far closer to the truth "A Busker is not made a Busker makes them self". I have always said just this "the School of Busking does not make buskers, buskers make them selves - we are a green house effect towards your end goal" I am very proud to have seen countless of performers grow in their area of interest. Also know of many who have become very good street performers and performers in general. The best part to which I pride myself on - not one single clone, that's not my style of teaching - which has been described as unique.

I wish this new school of magic all the best, It is great privilege to teach and should be lots of fun.
Mario Morris
echoesinvain
View Profile
New user
Miami
7 Posts

Profile of echoesinvain
Good Evening everyone. I appreciate everyone's comments and feedback! Thank you @gallagher. Thank you @Mario Morris. I totally agree with your feedback. I have been to The Focus on Street Magic in Las Vegas and it was an exceptional class. I am a regular student at Jeff McBride's classes (I attend a class there at LEAST once a year) and have only positive feedback about all the work that they do. It is a privilege to attend and spend time with Mario, Jeff, and other guest instructors at the school. I totally agree with your feedback Mario. I love your class. I love magic. I love all the classes at the Magic and Mystery School and will CONTINUE to attend because of it's a great learning experience and a lot of fun! You remember it forever and are the better artist and student of the craft for attending!

UPDATE ON THE FIRST GAZZO CLASS WHICH WILL NOW BE MARCH 8, 9, 10, and 11 of 2019.

I have been traveling and also was a bit under the weather. I just wanted to take a moment update everyone here. We have new dates for classes, due to Gazzo being currently under a contract extension. We decided to make the class A FULL 4 days. The new dates will be March 8,9,10, and 11 of 2019. The cost will remain the same. This will give everyone more time to plan their trip to South Florida. This should be a lot of fun, and a great learning experience. It will be a full four-day workshop where you will be able to work on your magic and get feedback from Gazzo. If you have any questions, you may reach out to me here or at my email. I am just helping to coordinate things and making sure its a great experience for everyone! I love magic, and when there is an opportunity to attend a class, learn from a teacher, and share insight and feedback from like-minded artists you should take it!

Thanks,

Adrian

adrianfernandez@me.com
Sincerely,

Adrian Fernandez
adrianfernandez@me.com
David_MacFarlane
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of David_MacFarlane
Man, I grew up watching Gazzo at the Halifax Buskers Festival in the 90s... back then it was among the best in the world. He was this lean, shirtless punk, doing really quite dirty bits for the ol' ladies... I'd thought he'd gone too far, but every time, those blue-haired dears would open up their purses and drop a fiver in his hat. As to whether many students will "do it", I'm reminded of a 60 Minutes interview with the director of a theatre school for the disabled... he was asked how many of his students would make it, and he answered, how many make it from any theatre school, but you're still allowed to dream.
danieltirado
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of danieltirado
Aghh missed the Gazzo event, will have love it! I will be looking for more things, good job guys.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Saw Gazzo in Santa Monica on the Third Street Promenade, he was great.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
markmagic
View Profile
New user
KY
51 Posts

Profile of markmagic
When is the next one?
Endless West
View Profile
Regular user
A town called Malice
185 Posts

Profile of Endless West
I heard the next one will be in Miami area sometime around September.
Eldini
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
127 Posts

Profile of Eldini
Where can we get info about it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New Magic School Opening in Miami, FL! GAZZO (10 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL