The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MENTAL SWEETS 2 by Fabien ARCOLE and Eric BERTRAND (mentalism book) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bofx
View Profile
Special user
France
509 Posts

Profile of bofx
Hi,
My new mentalism book written with my friend Eric BERTRAND is now available.
Those who liked MENTAL SWEETS 1 should love his little brother!
Here's the blurb...

-----

After the success of their first book, Fabien ARCOLE & Eric BERTRAND are back with Mental Sweets 2. In this 190-page book, complete with numerous colour photos, the authors describe novel billet techniques, explain powerful mentalism effects that can be performed with minimal equipment (if any), and share extensive thoughts on mentalism as a performing art.

The first part discusses various techniques for peeking information written on a piece of paper. Compared with Mental Sweets 1, the novelty resides in the introduction of a link to a video illustrating the point of view of the audience. This should convince you of the effectiveness of the technique in question and it complements nicely the literary explanation.
In the second part, you will find 8 powerful routines, all aimed at the lonely and penniless mentalist. Lonely, because these effects require neither assistant nor confederate; penniless, because no material is required, except some papers, envelopes and pens.
The third part of the book is devoted to personal thoughts and views. You will learn among other things how to increase your credibility, how to reveal information in the most effective way or how to incorporate readings into your act.
If you liked the hard candies found in Mental Sweets 1, you will definitely appreciate the soft macaroons contained in Mental Sweets 2 !

Perfect-bound paperback, 190 pages printed in full colour, 6x9 inches.

Available at http://douceursmentales.free.fr/?page_id=588

-----

Feel free to ask questions.
Regards.

Click here to view attached image.
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
bofx
View Profile
Special user
France
509 Posts

Profile of bofx
Several people asked me for more information about the contents of the book. Here is the table of contents with a short description for each technique / routine / essay.

CHAPTER 1 - TECHNIQUES

- Silent Peek
A technique for secretely reading the participant's billet, immediately after the switch, carried out with a maximum economy of movements.

- Locked Peek
Secretly gain the information while the billet is locked in the mentalist's fist and apparently invisible.

- Z Switch
A billet switch technique which makes it possible to clearly show only one paper in your hands when there are two.

CHAPTER 2 - EFFECTS

- Radio Blue Suede Shoes
A unique combination of several existing systems allowing you to force the element of your choice (song, celebrity, place ...) from a list.

- Hollywood Silent
A message reading effect with mere billets (no envelopes needed) using the Silent Peek technique.

- DR2D
A telepathy experiment (design duplication) between two spectators.

- RPS Prediction
Predict the score of a Rock/Paper/Scissors (Roshambo) game as well as the winner.

- Arcanum Locus
A "Living & Dead Test" routine in which the participant finds his own paper with a pendulum while the mentalist is able to guess the thought place.

- Forger's Business
A drawing duplication routine with nothing but business cards.

-Connected 2.0
A fabulous "Living & Dead Test" routine requiring only a few billets and a stack of envelopes.

- Belline Numerology
A new take on the Pseudo-Psychometry effect inspired by the work of John Riggs.

CHAPTER 3 - THOUGHTS

- 5 ways to increase credibility
How to become a more credible mentalist: five recommendations.

- Art of revealing information
Focus on the art of revealing the information, be it in a thought-transmission experiment or a prediction effect.

- Mentalism, psychometry and cold reading
An essay on mentalism, psychometry and cold reading.
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
I love these books.

Great stuff.

;)
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
bofx
View Profile
Special user
France
509 Posts

Profile of bofx
Thanks Helder, glad you like it!

Whether in the thoughts or in the routines described, we have tried to share our field experience and our passion for mentalism.

Best regards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MENTAL SWEETS 2 by Fabien ARCOLE and Eric BERTRAND (mentalism book) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL