The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Resources for changing £ to $? New plastic £ notes! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
For those of you who have seen my extreme burn thread I have decided on trying something interesting. Using extreme burn to perform a currency exchange type of thing changing GBP notes into USD bills. There are a few issues with using EB to achieve this. First the bills are different sizes. Second the £ notes are plastic and don’t fold well + have windows on them. I managed to get the EB gimmick to function with this change but it looks super awkward. Also if I want to use £10 and £20 notes as well they will all be different sizes.

So I discovered this effect called “Size does Matter” by Juan Pablo. I thought THIS IS THE SOLUTION! I soon realized that the gimmicks are premade and that he didn’t currently have £ to $. I thought I could make it myself, but from what I understand how to make it isn’t included. Plus the notes that do come with it are fake and cheaply made from reviews I have seen.

I am at the point now where I’d like to know if there are any bill changes out there friendly to the new British notes and if they can change into USD.

Any ideas on how to make the gimmick work right using the methods I mentioned above are of course appreciated as well.
Visit my online store at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop Smile
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
UPDATE: Novo by Allen Rorrison seems to be the best bet for this! It is not an easy change to perform but it does what I need!
Visit my online store at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop Smile
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Obrienmagic ... thanks for the heads-up on "Size Does Matter" by Juan Pablo.
I shall have to purchase this one!
bonesly
View Profile
Regular user
London
176 Posts

Profile of bonesly
You can perform Extreme burn with the new £20 notes
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Any solution updates using the new english notes for Extreme Burn as they don't fold easily.
Solux
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Solux
Quote:
On May 12, 2020, bonesly wrote:
You can perform Extreme burn with the new £20 notes
May I ask you to give us some deeper insight please?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Resources for changing £ to $? New plastic £ notes! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL