The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Schrodinger's Magic (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
They say it revolves around a principle of quantum theory called "superposition", which basically claims that if you don't know what the state of any object is, then - as long as you don't look to check - it is actually in all possible states simultaneously: "echotolosa". If one put a cat and mouse in a box and open it to find the mouse only then one might assume the mouse eat the cat - circumstantial evidence.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
I cant recall the exact name of the effect but Max Maven has one involving a quantum fruit machine. It's well worth checking out if you like the physics themed effects.
Use the FORCE Luke.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
What a nice collection of words: "Max Maven has one involving a quantum fruit machine". Close to a serial book title. Ha! He's probably already written such a series.

But if you want to play with Schrodinger's Wave Equation as fiction - you could pretty much read this stuff as patter for your Svengali Deck routine. The die box trick dates back to a few years before Schrodinger was born. This stuff is contemporary with Vernon.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2015, Jon Allen wrote:
Big fan of Schrodinger' stuff.

I have a routine called Schrodinger's Card in my book and on my DVD set.

It is a signed card to sealed envelope but you do not open the envelope. You explain it is a valuable souvenir as their signed card is inside a sealed envelope.... but the only way to find out if it is valuable is to open the envelope to see if their card is inside. However, opening the envelope renders it worthless.

There is a bit more to it than that but that's the bare bones.

That is a very good idea!
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Tom Stone has a trick called Quantum Logic that depending on the way is presented could relate to physics
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Is amazing how from different areas we can take amazing premises and presentations
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Schrodinger's Magic (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL