The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Friend of a Friend » » Einstein flunked out of school? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
hypno_mentalist
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of hypno_mentalist
Cool news ))
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Very hard to believe.

Sidebar: Years ago in Germany going to college, I had a Professor Kohn who was taught by Einstein. I was taking an astronomy course.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Even today, conventional is the norm. In some cases, they actually can fail you for finding the correct answer in a different way! If one is too smart, they run the risk of being labelled dumb...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
trear
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of trear
Einstein was not a good pupil at all, and yes, his teachers didn't hope anything from him. Maybe the environnement of school was not the best for him... Whatever, he succeded ! Well, don't believe all dumb people are genius Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I believed the story that Einstein did poorly in school, but I never thought it indicated that he was "stupid" or "mentally challenged" but rather that he was thinking in different directions from the teachers who couldn't handle real "independent thought."
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Andonov
View Profile
New user
Bulgaria
8 Posts

Profile of Andonov
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 21:02, TonyB2009 wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-08 22:35, The.Amazing.Boy wrote:
This is true and well known, not a myth at all...

It is a myth. Einstein did not thrive at everything in school, but he was not stupid and did not perform poorly. He showed a flare for mathematics but little flare for languages. He passed his final exams and got into college without difficulty. It is a pure urban legend that he was poor at school. Hogwash.

This. It's a comforting thought though. Even if you do poorly at school you can be the next Einstein! Unfortunately the world doesn't work that way Smile.
derrenshowman
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of derrenshowman
They is still hope for dumb people.. ha
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Magicfreak2.....I know that this is old but.......E=MCsquared!! You have just rewritten the theory of relativity!!
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
GaMind
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
73 Posts

Profile of GaMind
It's always fun to see how often old topics come back into discussion.
LesPaltaX
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of LesPaltaX
Einstein's marks report is actually on the internet. He had lots of 1's and 2's.
The thing is, in Germany, at the time, 1 was the best mark and 6 was the worst, so he did actually pretty good at almost everything.

Myth.
DaKine Oregon
View Profile
New user
Medford, Oregon
50 Posts

Profile of DaKine Oregon
Wikipedia says: Contrary to popular mythology, Einstein always excelled at maths and physics from a young age, reaching a mathematical level years ahead of his peers. The twelve year old Einstein taught himself algebra and Euclidean geometry over a single summer. Einstein also independently discovered his own original proof of the Pythagorean theorem at age 12. A family tutor Max Talmud says that after he had given the 12 year old Einstein a geometry textbook, after a short time "[Einstein] had worked through the whole book. He thereupon devoted himself to higher mathematics... Soon the flight of his mathematical genius was so high I could not follow." His passion for geometry and algebra led the twelve year old to become convinced that nature could be understood as a "mathematical structure". Einstein started teaching himself calculus at 12, and as a 14 year old he says he had "mastered integral and differential calculus".
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
I once got a report card with many E's. The legend was E meant excellent. I believe the same is true with Einstein failed math myth. His grade was good, but taken out of context.

He did fail one test, but it was written in another language (French), however, it was not math.
SebastianHenzl
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of SebastianHenzl
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2017, LesPaltaX wrote:
Einstein's marks report is actually on the internet. He had lots of 1's and 2's.
The thing is, in Germany, at the time, 1 was the best mark and 6 was the worst, so he did actually pretty good at almost everything.

Myth.

It's still the same these days.
AlxRosekoski
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of AlxRosekoski
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2009, magicFreak2 wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-10 19:32, basic_mystifier wrote:
I have also heard this, but the twist I heard was that they thought he was mentally challenged.

He was diabetic, but mentally challenged? Give me a break... Who invented the Theory of Relativity, EM=C2, theorized about a multi-dimensional universe, riding on a light wave, quantum mechanics, the genius behind the A-bomb that brought us out of WW2?

I know this quote is from 15 years ago, but I’m pretty sure that he didn’t have mental problems. His brain was just smaller than average
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Friend of a Friend » » Einstein flunked out of school? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL