The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » RIP Bobby Schulien. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Last night about 3 AM Bobby Schulien died. He has been battling some health issues that we thought he was winning. Turned out not to be.

I can not express the sorrow I feel at this passing. I can not explain what the Schulien family means to my life and Bobby was a huge part of it.

Past 6 months have been very rough on Bobby. At least now that has at least stopped.

Love ya brother.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Sorry to hear this news.

I recall a really neat picture of a Schulien performing an awesome bit of restaurant magic in one of Eugene Burger’s books. Was that Bobby’s father?

Rest In Peace.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
May have been. Matt was his grandfather. Charlie was his father so it depends on which picture it is.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
So sad to hear this and even though he'd not been doing so well it seemed he was bouncing back. It was great knowing him and his place in the family legacy. RIP Bobby.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Here is a commercial from 1979 featuring Charlie. Bobby is said to be in it, but I'm not sure I would recognize him.

My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
He is putting up glasses on the bar in the very beginning. Charlie tells a hilarious story about how that was shot. Ah memories.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
I met Charlie and Ed at Schuliens in 1970. Never met Bobby. I never met Matt either, I'm sorry to say. My condolences to you, and to the other magicians who worked at that place for that family.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Sorry to hear of Bobby’s passing.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I met Bobby when he and I were booked for the same Houdini Club Convention in 2011, where I got to open the close-up segment and then introduce the "Magic of Schulien's" segment. Along with Bobby, the segment featured Al James and Bill Weimer. Those in attendance LOVED that Schulien's segment!

Bobby was a great guy and (he got it naturally of course!) knew how to entertain an audience in an intimate setting.

RIP Bobby......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » RIP Bobby Schulien. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL