The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Are you still using the Silver Scepter? [video] (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz

Do you use the Silver Scepter?

[Click] Lots of videos and tips for magicians.

Thank you.
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
I have to say, that I honestly don't believe American magicians knew that the Silver Scepter ever existed until British magician Terry Herbert came along.

At the same time, every routine I have seen so far has been a take-off on all his bits of business.

Gerry
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Well Gerry, that's more than likely because Terry Herbert's bits of business are the best I've seen yet.

I've been using one of these for a long time now and have my own story and routine. It does incorporate most of the usual bits of business everyone uses, but with my own spin on how and went to apply the bits of business.

My old friend John Breeds has a whole discussion and routine in his wonderful book called "How to create kids magic and triple your income". He also teaches how to replace the gi*%*ck in an easy to use method which I've done many times after using this wand in many many shows.

The other great additional thing I highly recommend if you use this wand is to buy the great bag that Frank Starcini makes for the wand. I've been using one of his for over 10 years now and it's still going strong. The original plastic ones can easily break. All of Franks leather items he makes are also great quality.
Magic guy in Perth Australia
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Sorry Curt,
I should have said I enjoyed your informative video. I enjoy all of them actually.

Al
Magic guy in Perth Australia
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2019, Al Kazam the Magic Man wrote:
Sorry Curt,
I should have said I enjoyed your informative video. I enjoy all of them actually.

Al

Thank you.
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I use this in all of my 4 - 7 year old shows. It kills, especially when the wand hits you in the face. I made a bag out of Tyvek, and it works very well. Forgot where I got the idea - I think it was here on the Café.
asgar
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of asgar
It's a winner. Smile Smile .I too started it after seeing Terry.Thank you Terry .
Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Here's a pic of our bag that keeps the SS locked and loaded, ready to fly.

www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2019, Gerry Walkowski wrote:
I have to say, that I honestly don't believe American magicians knew that the Silver Scepter ever existed until British magician Terry Herbert came along.

At the same time, every routine I have seen so far has been a take-off on all his bits of business.

Gerry

I've never seen Terry's routine, but I do notice that everyone is doing the same routine. To be fair, Terry put it out on the market for everyone to use.
I gather, Gerry meant not to copy the exact routine just be a little creative and make the routine your own.
Tricky Ricky
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
If you are not a do it yourselfer (I am NOT), I recommend The Ambitious Card's bag if you already own the scepter.

If you don't own the scepter, I recommend the Silver Sceptre Deluxe from Practical Magic. You can get it all silver or black with sliver ends. It's more expensive than the cheap version, but (IMO - YMMV) it's worth it and comes with a bag that is useable and won't need to be replaced quickly.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
I have an all metal one, maybe it's from Practical. Problem is, I like it to bonk me in the face, and it has a metal pointy tip that will really hurt if I'm not careful. I've been using a plastic one, I think made by Big Guys Magic instead. It doesn't look as good, but I'm not afraid of knocking out a tooth.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Are you still using the Silver Scepter? [video] (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL