The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Super Slim Mullica or other Wallets? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alyx
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Alyx
Hi everyone,

I'm still on my quest to reduce the kit I carry for strolling gigs. In doing so, I'm trying to replace a Tommy Wonder style ring box with another card to impossible location effect that packs smaller. I know that wallets are not specifically gendered, but I do want to convey my femininity. Have any of you used the Super Slim Mullica? Is it small enough (or sufficiently gender neutral) to work, given that I don't want a bulky masculine wallet to betray my intended image.

If not, have any of you found other suitable wallets? Or maybe someone could offer up other card to impossible location effects which would pack small (smaller than a ring box, at least) and serve as a suitable ending to an ACR?

Can't wait to hear any insights any of you may send my way! Smile
Alyx
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Alyx
Also, as a second thought, I'm also curious about Mint Box by Daniel Garcia. Could this work similarly to a Tommy Wonder style ring box? My imagination for how this works is that it's the same method, but I'm hesitant to drop the cash just to find out.
Emory Kimbrough
View Profile
New user
Tuscaloosa, AL
94 Posts

Profile of Emory Kimbrough
Head over to Penguin and have a look at Toibox Card to Box System by Jonathan Kamm - Instant download. It's a card to *ungimmicked* mini-sized Altoids tin. Daniel Garcia's Mint Box is also quite good, relying on a clever gimmick. You can't go wrong with either one; probably a matter of taste which you'll prefer.
Alyx
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Alyx
Emory, I did! Toibox solved everything, and I am delighted! I love how versatile the concept is! What started as a search for an ACR finale turned into that finale and a whole other strolling close-up set. I love this so much, and I'm utterly ecstatic that it takes up so little pocket space.
Alyx
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Alyx
So, I'm back to this question, and specifically focusing on the wallet aspect. Has anyone solved the card to wallet dilemma?

I'm close to biting the bullet and just using a man's wallet, hoping it won't arouse suspicion as being out of place. I'm leaning towards the super slim hip Mullica, though I've not seen one in person.

Before I drop $70 on a wallet, any thoughts on this? Do you think it would look out of place? Are there other wallet options that other women have discovered?

PS @Emory, I have adopted toi box, and have thoroughly enjoyed familiarizing myself with Kamm's work in general. Thank you for this tip!
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
Decorate the wallet, 'pink'?? flowery. or glitter - lace and/or ribbon trim. possible ??
Alyx
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Alyx
I'm 33... Perhaps wouldn't fit my personal. Thank you, though.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
33 your still a young lady -- possible then - soldier,camouflage
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I haven't purchased this, yet I have read some reviews. Perhaps you too would like to investigate this?
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......wPPD_BwE
Alyx
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Alyx
Ya know, I pulled the trigger and went with a Rebel Wallet.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
The rebel does look nice and does not have a gender specific look to it. Have fun with it.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I just got the super slim. Personally it’s weak. I will be receiving an annihilator wallet in the next few days and will compare them. Features leather all of it.

Anyway, more to come.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Super Slim Mullica or other Wallets? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL