The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » What books should I look for to learn hypnosis (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Bernice
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Bernice
Like other before, I'd also recommend Ormond Mcgill's "The New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism". I'd add that Teppo Holmqvist's "Hypnotic Influence - A Master's Class in Experiential Trance" is my favorite hypnosis book of all time. I have read dozens, all the classics. Other than a few on Past Life Regression, they are the only ones' I'd consider essential. Couple them with with hundreds and hundreds of hours of practical application, and you'd be scratching the surface of what is possible with hypnosis. Good luck.
Tommy Vee
View Profile
New user
Boston
15 Posts

Profile of Tommy Vee
Check out Jerry Valley's "Inside Secrets of Stage Hypnotism". It's a nuts and bolts book on how to do a hypnosis stage show from A to Z.
It's here: https://www.valleyhypnosis.com/products/......ypnotism
candlestick
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of candlestick
I really like the Jerry Valley book which I own. And I love anything written by Ormond McGill. (Shh-----I just found out he didn't really believe in hypnotism----don't tell anyone I said so).

I am actually writing a book myself on stage hypnosis. I started it years ago but procrastination set in. However, in a recent flurry of activity I think it will be up and running in a month or two. I won't publicize it here since I am not here for advertising purposes. And for all I know the book might be awful anyway!
Djin
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Djin
Glad to hear you put the year that has been to at least some good use by putting a book together, or at least closer to together.
candlestick
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of candlestick
Thank you kindly. The good thing about a pandemic is that if you have ever thought of writing a book this is the ideal time to do it. The bad thing about a pandemic is that you no longer have an excuse not to do it just because you don't feel like it! And I rarely feel like it! Nevertheless I have already written and published two books during the pandemic. This will be the third one. This is a particularly difficult one since I have completely forgotten how to do my own show! I am having to read other books and view videos of myself at work to try and remember my own show!
mysticmelville
View Profile
New user
Scotland
51 Posts

Profile of mysticmelville
Monsters and Magical sticks is a really helpful book, not just for the area being discussed, but all creative arts. It really engages the imagination.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » What books should I look for to learn hypnosis (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL