The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Close up Case.. Where to find (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Sideshow Rod
View Profile
New user
Portugal
52 Posts

Profile of Sideshow Rod
Close up boxes with mats on top so you can use the case as your mat and performing area.
Pretty cool.
Sideshow Rod
View Profile
New user
Portugal
52 Posts

Profile of Sideshow Rod
Opps sorry the first bit deleted it's self.
They are available from Saturn Magic, it is a close up carry box with mat.
rudy-ray
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of rudy-ray
I use my old "Space:1999" lunch box...
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
This is like the TCC Close Up Bag, just a little bigger and with more compartments on top.
https://www.amazon.com/Capacity-Professi......gw_psimh
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
Toy section -Doll section - can find different types of cases, Novelty, Colorful - Not just a plain mini or regular brief case.
John Vincelli
View Profile
New user
Montreal, QC
34 Posts

Profile of John Vincelli
The TCC Close Up Bag is nice and great for walk-around gigs.

I also have a Close Up case that is essentially a layered makeup case someone else posted. The main difference is it has adjustable compartments similar to the TCC Close Up Bag.

For a parlor or theater setting, I have a road case slightly larger than a regular briefcase. I can pack the Bill Abbott table, which is light and small, as well as my props and wireless headset (if needed). I'm all about packing small and smart to play big and anywhere.
John knows!
mrcunknown
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of mrcunknown
Pack small, play big. This is all I need. Everything organized in a vintage leather case (size 47 * 28 * 12 cm). My advice will be; look for what you want to convey and come across. If you want to be classic, a shiny aluminum suitcase is not the right prop. Modern and futuristic, a leather case or a doctor's bag is not the right direction, etc. ...

My personal goal is to keep everything as simple and easy as possible and I am fortunate that my interests do not lie with many attributes and tools. I'm fine with a few props and a deck of cards. There is my interest.

GReed3649
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of GReed3649
Mrcunknown: Thanks for sharing the photo. That's an excellent set up you've made for yourself. I love the idea of using foam to create a secure space for everything rather than just throwing everything into a box and then having to hunt for whatever you're looking for.

May I ask what's in the cloth on the right?
mrcunknown
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of mrcunknown
Thank you. Of course you can ask. I have a folding table of 75 by 55 cm and made a table skirt to the ground for this, there is a servante behind it and the top is a large close up pad of the same size.

The tablecloth / skirt fits in the same close-up case (as you can see in the photo) and I only keep the close up pad and the folding table loose.
mrcunknown
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of mrcunknown
GReed3649
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of GReed3649
Well...now I'm even more impressed. Bravo sir, bravo.

Thanks for the additional picture.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
What an elegant and smart set up!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2020, John Martin wrote:
Here's a nice case. Don't know if I'd want to carry it around. Might be a bit heavy. It would be nice to keep props in at home though.
https://www.harborfreight.com/eight-draw......538.html

John

Those aren't really very good. The "wood" is actually particleboard, at least on the ones I have seen down here. They are also,as you surmised, quite heavy.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If I'm doing a strolling gig in an eating establishment, I work out of my pockets. I don't use a close-up mat. NOTHING goes on the spectators' table.

Here's why. The table "real estate" belongs to the restaurant. If you park a table near their table, it's just one more thing for the waiter/server/maitre'd/customers to run into. I have a briefcase that the spectators never see. It's hidden away in a storage area, where I can get to it quickly, if need be. I tend to work in the spectators' hands. It makes for much more intimate spectator contact.

If I'm strolling in someone's house or office, that's a different situation. I bring a small table, usually something that is easily packed away. Then I have a bit more leeway as to what I can do.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Close up Case.. Where to find (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL