The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Erudite Magic: Resigned to Miracles (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
166 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Hi all,

I already wrote this in the separate thread about Resigned to Miracles, but I'm posting it here too:
I got word from Penguin, that Resigned to Miracles has passed the thousand mark, which by far surpasses my expectations.

I'd like to thank all of you for having faith in me and my ideas.

I hope that the material has served you well, and that you've come up with great applications for your secretly signed cards. I do understand that many perhaps aren't willing to share your ideas publicly on this forum, but I'd love to hear whatever thoughts you've come up with, so if you'd like, drop me an e-mail: peter@petergroning.se

My best wishes,
Peter
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2020, Peter Gröning wrote:
Hi all,

I already wrote this in the separate thread about Resigned to Miracles, but I'm posting it here too:
I got word from Penguin, that Resigned to Miracles has passed the thousand mark, which by far surpasses my expectations.

I'd like to thank all of you for having faith in me and my ideas.

I hope that the material has served you well, and that you've come up with great applications for your secretly signed cards. I do understand that many perhaps aren't willing to share your ideas publicly on this forum, but I'd love to hear whatever thoughts you've come up with, so if you'd like, drop me an e-mail: peter@petergroning.se

My best wishes,
Peter

Congrats, Peter!! That's so exciting - well deserved!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
MC Mirak
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MC Mirak
The book was quite enjoyable to read, so that you Mr. Gröning!

The best way I can describe it is that you provide a wonderful choreography which makes everything seem smooth and motivated. That only comes from hundreds (if not thousands) of performances, so thank you for sharing.

The crazy thing is that my son was almost more impressed by the "set-up" effect I did for him which tells you how strong this all is.

Thanks!
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
166 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Dr. JK,

Thanks, and again thank you for taking your time and making such a thorough review.
I'm sure it helped to convince them sitting on the fence.

My very best wishes,
Peter
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
166 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
MC Mirak,

Thank you for your kind words, it means a lot to me.
I very much appreciate you mentioning "a wonderful choreography which makes everything seem smooth and motivated", since I've worked hard trying to come up with an organic and well motivated handling - one where every action feels justified.

Thank you! Smile

My best wishes,
Peter
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
166 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
MC Mirak,

I wanted to send you a pm, but there's no "button" available.
If you don't mind, perhaps you can send me one, then I can get in touch with you?

My best wishes,
Peter
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
166 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Happy as a clam; what a nice way to start 2021:

Resigned to Miracles has been awarded the "Penguin Magic Book Of The Year".
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, Peter Gröning wrote:
Happy as a clam; what a nice way to start 2021:

Resigned to Miracles has been awarded the "Penguin Magic Book Of The Year".

👏👏👏
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
Wordsworth
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
Curious from those who have read this one... If I were to grab this, what sort of gaffs would I want to have or get hold of to work with this? I have read a couple threads on this book, and I can see a couple of the obvious ones, and I have the basics already: DB, DF, blank, etc. If anyone considers it exposure or anything to respond here, can you pm me just briefly on the the gaff aspect. I'm not looking for any explanations or anything, just don't want to order it and then have to go back for extras afterward if I can help it. (If the stuff can be made at home, great). I see this has been getting traction in book of the year thread, and really good feedback from people who have spent their own money and actually read this. Very tempting.
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
166 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Hi Wordsworth,

Thanks for showing interest in my book, and for your valid question.

From the top of my head, as far as gaffs are concerned, I'd say all you need is the material you mention (DB, DF, blank face).
In one routine there's need for a DF showing the same card on both sides (I don't know the correct term for this type of card.)

If my memory doesn't serve me well, anyone should feel free to correct me.

I'd happily answer any other questions you might have.

My best wishes,
Peter
Wordsworth
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
Thanks for that info Peter. I've been looking into this book some more, and will definitely be grabbing it. My issue is shipping from US to Canada. It's expensive and you have to bulk up to get good shipping rates. But this is going to become my next purchase for sure.
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
166 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Hi Wordsworth,

My pleasure; I'm glad I could "push you over the fence". Smile

Once you've got it, I'd happily answer any questions or comments you might have.

My best wishes,
Peter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Erudite Magic: Resigned to Miracles (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL