The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The BM Project (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mikenewyork
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mikenewyork
Anyone have tips for lighting with the BM project? I have tried dimming the lights, using a board to create shadow, etc. No matter what I have tried, it is not hiding what needs to be hidden
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
May have found a solution for you

https://www.magicshopsandiego.com/produc......o-magic/
Andrew Aspen
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Andrew Aspen
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2021, mikenewyork wrote:
Anyone have tips for lighting with the BM project? I have tried dimming the lights, using a board to create shadow, etc. No matter what I have tried, it is not hiding what needs to be hidden

Try adjusting the angle of your table/pad or use an overhead camera. I have found that the angle is as important as the lighting.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2021, Blindside785 wrote:
May have found a solution for you

https://www.magicshopsandiego.com/produc......o-magic/

Out of Stock....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Quote:

Try lowering the saturation and contrast on your camera. If you're using OBS you can do this with the color correction filter.
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Quote:

Surely lighting is discussed as part of this project? Lighting is pretty much the most important element of this principal and if they don't supply all the details necessary for your lighting set up then what else are you paying for? "buy some black stuff, stick it to things and go do some tricks that you can find in Tarbell that were originally created for stage but we're doing on Zoom. Thanks for your money".

General rules when using B**** A**. Natural light is not your friend, it has a habit of moving around, pesky sun. Use white LED light. My preference is for 2 lights, about 2 foot above the table and same again in front. Angle them so they aren't directly on the "dirty" area but just behind. The type of lights I'm talking about here aren't expensive, you can buy clip on led lights for about £10 which are plenty good enough for online work.
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of robfind
If anyone saw the Stuart MacDonald lecture last week, he tipped the entire BM project to all in attendance. Not good.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The BM Project (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL